The VP Portfolio Manager (PM) is responsible for the underwriting and on-going portfolio management of their assigned portfolio of primarily complex Commercial Banking clients/relationships. Working closely with borrowers, Client Managers, and Senior Credit Administrators, the PM leads the underwriting and credit approval process and has an active role in working with Loan Processing and Servicing teams to coordinate loan documentation and boarding. For on-going portfolio management, the PM partners with junior level Portfolio Analysts to monitor clients’ financial performance and financial condition to assess on-going covenant compliance, complete quarterly trend cards, recommend of changes in risk rating, and coordinate the renewal of credit facilities.
- Recommend and present credit approvals to Senior Credit Administrators and Senior Chief Credit Officer for approval as well as lead presentations of assigned portfolio in Quarterly Portfolio Reviews to senior management.
- Provide timely and accurate financial, industry, and credit analysis in support of approvals, renewals, and modifications.
- Work proactively to accurately monitor and assess risk within assigned portfolio.
- Interact closely with Client Managers to ensure the highest level of relationship management.
- Ensure compliance with all credit policies, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide training and coaching to junior Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Analysts.
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in underwriting and portfolio management.
- Strong understanding of financial and credit principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office desktop applications
- Ability to travel as needed, occasionally overnight