The VP of Portfolio Analytics directs advanced analytics and business intelligence for the Enterprise Analytics organization. Teaming with modeling, data strategy and data engineering areas in Enterprise Analytics, the VP of Portfolio Analytics has in-depth business knowledge and advanced skills in translating information and business needs into insights and actionable analysis.
- Partner with the Executive team and other key stakeholders to provide analytics and insights to enhance efficiencies, identify challenges, and quantify performance.
- Lead teams of quantitative and data analysts to develop business intelligence and actionable analytics.
- Drive analysis and insights regarding loan originations, including production and operational performance and profitability, market analytics and loan performance post origination (e.g. prepayment (CPR), customer recapture). This includes key driver attribution, predictive analysis and forecasting.
- Present key findings of analysis and performance reporting to business management.
- Direct the development and enhancement of performance models to quantify risk.
- Work closely with Data Science team in the use and integration of key models in performance analysis and reporting.
- Manage on-demand (ad hoc) requests to support the evolving needs of the business.
- Direct a team to develop and maintain executive dashboards to track performance and support decision making.
- Provide strategy and leadership to advance report automation and self-service capability through Tableau, Salesforce, and other corporate platforms.
- Manage and train team members to ensure alignment with department standards, delegation and prioritization of projects.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Technology or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years in an analytics or quantitative role, with the ability to provide creative solutions for key business challenges and manage priorities in fast paced environments.
- 10 years of experience in leading quantitative/data analytics teams.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to executive management.
- Advanced skills in SQL for developing and maintaining complex models, analytics and dashboards.
- Applied knowledge of financial concepts, such as IRR and marginal contribution.
- Knowledge of mortgage originations and/or servicing preferred.
- Significant experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI preferred.
Capabilities & Attributes
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to quickly establish credibility, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Client focused, data-driven with strong process orientation.
- Strong communication skills; ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; collaborative leadership style.
- High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate complex business variables, make connections and identify/implement successful organizational and talent strategies.
- Strategic thinking; mental agility. Strong analytical skills; solid decision making abilities coupled with sound judgment.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to organize time and resources to bring initiatives to successful completion.
- Self-directed and comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong project management skills with experience leading initiatives across a complex, distributed organization structure.
- High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to maintain confidential data and information.
- High degree of business acumen; strong fiscal and technical aptitude.