We are seeking an experienced consulting executive with knowledge of Procure to Pay software solutions, Supply Chain Finance, Dynamic Discounting, eInvoicing, Supplier Scorecarding and Risk Management to lead our Supplier Portal Consulting practice at APEX.
Our Portal Consulting division implements, supports, and delivers consulting services for all APEX Portal software platforms to our clients.
The VP, Portal Consulting Practice will lead the team to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- Lead team in the successful delivery of APEX technology/consulting deliverables. Ensuring delivery of high quality software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
- Participate in developing a best in class implementation methodology with the major goal being supplier adoption of software usage to return value to APEX clients.
- Lead and assist customers in all phases of solution implementation including (but not limited to): process configuration, feature/functionality demos, user interface configuration, user set-up and project management.
- Own developing and maintaining team operating principles, team templates, operational metrics and performance measurement, work instructions and improving team training. Participate in the creation and education of staff for new and modified software consulting services.
- Maintain regular proactive communication with team members (e.g., face-to-face, via voicemails, emails) and clients, especially across multiple solution deployments so everyone understands status of project.
- Participate in Quality Assurance via UAT
- Perform Go-Live planning and execution, with a focus on change management, stakeholder management and post Go-Live support hand off
Account and Project Management Leadership:
- Manage key customer relationships as well as APEX delivery and support leaders and teams for assigned global and strategic software clients.
- Lead the team managing new implementations (new clients, clients implementing new modules, clients adding new data feeds to existing modules) upgrades and any other billable work.
- Facilitate initial Implementation Planning Meeting with client (usually onsite).
- Work with client and APEX Implementation Specialist to create implementation plan (starting from existing work plantemplates).
- Schedule and facilitate regular client communication (usually weekly conference calls).
- Manage APEX work against the plan to ensure adherence to the implementation schedule, budget and quality expectations.
- Monitor client work against the plan; work with the client to address issues affecting completion of their assigned tasks; escalate within APEX if such issues threaten timely on budget, successful implementation.
- Ensure that all work complies with the contract agreement and/or statement of work
- Track project time and ensure that monthly project billing is accurate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the client's APEX Salesperson and Audit Director; advise them and the Director of Software Consulting of any issues that might affect work they are selling or delivering.
- Support APEX business development efforts by actively looking for additional software and service opportunities with assigned clients and alerting Sales upon identification of opportunity.
Cross functional/Interdivisional Collaboration:
Collaborate with all APEX Divisions as needed and more specifically:
- Work with the training team to develop content for training materials.
- Work closely with pre-sales and audit to develop and deploy best practices and drive the evolution of our approach to software implementation
- Work closely with R&D to drive improvement in our technical process and applications
- Collaborate with Sales and Pre-Sales to develop procedures to ensure a smooth “hand off” from Sales to Software Consulting and providing feedback to help negotiate contracts with clients, partners and subcontractors.
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure implementation methodology continues to align with product strategy and the desired features and functionality from a client perspective are communicated to Product Management.
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable & procurement principles, including Procure to Pay best practices.
- Extensive knowledge in Supply Chain Finance/Dynamic Discounting/eInvoice space
- Project management skills
- Some hands-on technical experience (such as programming or report writing).
- Ability to use the following tools effectively:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)
- WebEx or other web conferencing tools
- Ability to design, implementing and supporting complex business processes.
- Demonstrate proven thought-leader level abilities, broad subject matter expertise and success with:
- Identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets and billing.
- Developing strategy; as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, such as presentation slides; practice marketing materials; change management plans and/or project plans; workshops and whitepapers; practice methodologies and tools; policies and procedures; and/or other standard business communications.
- Capabilities and experience in providing alternate process workarounds to requirements vs developing technical / custom solutions.
- BBA or MBA in Finance, Accounting or MIS preferred
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience in leading global software consulting organizations serving the Fortune1000
- 5+ years’ experience in Procure-to-Pay processes at a Fortune1000 company or as a P2P software consultant
- 3+ years’ experience managing projects
- Implementation experience with both software-as-a-service and on-premise solutions