Under direction of the Chief Operating Officer for CHRISTUS Physician Group (CPG) this position develops and implements the operational performance improvement plans for the Southwest region, and the business aspects of clinical integration that advance CHRISTUS Health mission and vision. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing revenues, market share and enhancing quality and resource utilization (value creation). This position will have primary administrative responsibility for providing management to the Santa Rosa, SETX, Gulf Coast and SPOHN. This position shall assess, analyze, and execute strategically and financially feasible physician business and service line strategies that will expand CHRISTUS's capabilities and enhance its ability to provide value to its customers. The Vice President -- Physician Practice Operations, shall manage or work collaboratively with the Regional Ministries as well as internal and external system resources, including representatives from finance, legal, managed care, information technology, and clinical effectiveness to take advantage of the synergy associated with multi-disciplinary team approach to physician practice management and service line development.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance. MBA strongly preferred. Must have significant related work experience (10 or more years)
- Ideal candidate would have work experience with broad understanding of all aspects of health care services, with specific emphasis on physician practice management
- Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills
- Comfortable working in a Matrix model organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative thinker
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Facilitation skills
- Business planning skills to include development of feasibility studies and program analysis
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Sensitive to overall system needs and skill to balance with regional needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage widely located associates and managers at sites of service.