Reporting to the CEO, the VP of People is a key strategic leader on our Executive Team and will provide executive level strategic leadership and direction to the company across all areas of learning and organization development, talent management and core people operations by defining the strategic direction Marqeta will need as we evolve and scale during our most exciting growth phase to date.
What you’ll do
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan and roadmap for the company over the next 3+ years.
- Design, lead and drive talent management strategies for all people, organization and culture related programs - Organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, career development, strategic goal setting, diversity and inclusion, social presence, retention, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Be an active and influential member of the executive team, identifying opportunities and future needs, addressing challenges and opportunities to optimize Marqeta’s workforce
- Foster a culture where the teams ‘Build One Marqeta’ – a core value of ours – through exceptional leadership, personal accountability and optimal performance.
- Evolve the service delivery of the People function optimizing resources, automation, and processes.
- Coach and advise senior leaders on strategic and complex organizational and employee issues
- Understand and represent current and relevant industry and organizational trends, best-in-class practices, the views of our own workforce, and progressive programs that drive both accountability and retention.
- Develop critical metrics and a data drive approach to monitor organizational performance and to inform long-term strategies.
Who/what we’re looking for
- Relevant senior level experience and proven success in a high-growth technology company known for a progressive culture
- Ability to assess and translate business strategy and workforce implications to identify relevant solutions
- A savvy, influential leader with an open, highly collaborative approach – and one who is genuinely comfortable in a fast-moving, complex organization that is still evolving,
- A bias for being very transparent and candid, always
- Executive level presence and exceptionally advanced communication skills
- Keen ability to assess talent across the organization
- High intellect and analytical approach to talent management
- Advanced executive coaching experience and skills
- Strong business acumen, curiosity, learning/growth mindset and the ability to contribute to all areas of the business outside of the People function
- Exceptional people leader (this position will lead a growing team that is 12 strong today)
- Strong knowledge and application of data analytics, organizational design and development principles, strategic planning and change management methodologies.
- Well-developed planning, consulting, organization and project management skills
- Experience leading international expansion strategies a plus
- 10+ years of progressive experience all facets of the People function at a senior level
- BA/BS degree in Organization Effectiveness, Human Resource Management or related field.
- Advanced degree, such as an MBA preferred
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!