VP Patient and Client Services
The VP of Patient and Client Services is responsible for DLSS Care Team services. This leader, an important contributor to the Patient Services Senior Leadership team, is responsible and accountable for the leadership and delivery of exceptional service to our Patients and Clients. This individual will ensure that overall care teams, hub strategies and project specific plans are developed and in place which align with the Patient Services overarching business goals and synchronize with each client program need. The individual will advise senior management on best practices regarding the patient on-boarding process, individual patient reimbursement support including alternate funding, ongoing patient support and case management requirements. Key components are working with and interacting with clients, patients and staff, continuous improvement in patient programs, manage care team budgets, planning of new patient services offerings, establishing appropriate policies and procedures, participating in cross-departmental decision making, conducting performance improvement activities and representing care team services across the enterprise.
Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes
- Ensuring work is accomplished effectively by managing employee performance, work processes and other resources
- Engaging employees to maximize their discretionary effort
- Developing a pipeline of excellent talent to fill future business needs
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Create and advance a strategic roadmap for DLSS Care Teams that enhances and improves upon the Care Team Services
- Harmonize efforts across all care teams including implementation of standards and drive common metrics. Drive metrics that demonstrate progress against the goals for care teams
- Effectively present updates, strategies, plans and data to Senior Leadership team
- Demonstrate thought-leader abilities and leadership, bring patient services insights and perspective to cross-functional internal teams and clients to ensure that patient and client needs and requirements are adequately addressed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of patient care team operations across the business unit with primary goal of ensuring best in class patient care throughout the patient journey including patient onboarding, reimbursement support, alternate funding, and ongoing case management.
- Collaborate with Pharmacy and Clinical Navigation on comprehensive client program services for the rare disease patients served
- Lead Patient and Client Services teams: hire and train staff, mentor and coach direct reports; oversee leadership and staff development, succession planning and performance management
- Develop, nurture and improve Patient Services client relationships with a goal of understanding their challenges and opportunities, anticipated future actions and changes and how we can develop win-win situations with our clients. Act as key contact for all clients and create trusting relationships with internal and customer executive level decision makers
- Evaluate available information and resources to develop effective and viable solutions, provide direction to team and make sound decisions
- Partner with cross functional teams including but not limited to Payer Contracting, Finance, Client Experience, and corporate DLSS functions to support clients and meet expectations
- Represent DLSS and serve as a spokesperson for patient care teams and case management services
- Support Sales and Marketing initiatives by: furnishing input for promotional materials; participating in both prospective client sales presentations and current client reviews
- Generate and manage care team budget necessary to support activities with maximum impact and efficiency
- Work with senior management and staff to develop strategic plans. Develop and implement goals, objectives and action plans
- Travelrequired: 25-30% travel; primarily to other sites, client sites/meetings and industry conferences.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of progressive operations experience
- 5+ years executive management experience
- Knowledge of current trends and changes within the healthcare industry
- Excellent leadership and mentoring abilities
- Ability to serve as company ambassador with senior client representatives
- Highly developed time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadline, follow through, and ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills with ability to interact with all levels of management for both internal and external customer base
- A track record of utilizing tact, diplomacy, good judgment and negotiation skills to achieve mutually beneficial goals for an organization
- Ability to embrace positive conflict and demonstrated ability to resolve negative conflict
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications
- Intellectual curiosity to look at a problem from all sides in order to recognize issues and opportunities, recommend solutions and execute to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor, train and develop employees
- Commitment to process improvement techniques, along with the ability to work with staff to execute enhancements to internal and end to end processes and workflow
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic environment, make independent decisions, and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify and prioritize company goals
- Advanced degree in business or healthcare
- 10+ years’ experience with healthcare, account management or pharma
- Management experience in patient/hub services, specialty pharmacy, and rare disease
Job ID 2017-1855