Global Payments is a leading provider of technology-enabled payment services to businesses around the world, operating and providing global cross-border and localized solutions in 58 countries across 5 continents. Our Multinational Commerce business leads the company's global ecommerce, omnichannel and multinational businesses including solutions strategy, GTM design, and sales execution. We sell ecom, f2f & omnichannel payment solutions to multinational clients and operate a center of excellence to drive ecommerce & omnichannel performance across our regional businesses.
The VP Partnerships for our Multinational Commerce business is responsible for our worldwide strategic partnerships and business development efforts. The VP Partnerships is specifically charged with setting overall partnership strategy, forging and maintaining capability partnerships -- which provide us with key capabilities that power our solutions -- and distribution partnerships -- which help take to market and sell our core solutions. The VP Partnerships drives revenues and accelerates our expansion into new geographies and markets by negotiating and implementing major commercial deals that run the gamut from strategic relationships to alliances, JVs and partnerships.Job Details:
The VP Partnerships for our Multinational Commerce business is responsible for our worldwide strategic partnerships and business development efforts. The VP Partnerships is specifically charged with setting overall partnership strategy, forging and maintaining capability partnerships -- which provide us with key capabilities that power our solutions -- and distribution partnerships -- which help take to market and sell our core solutions. The VP Partnerships drives revenues and accelerates our expansion into new geographies and markets by negotiating and implementing major commercial deals that run the gamut from strategic relationships to alliances, JVs and partnerships.
- Develop, refine, and implement partnership strategy that aligns with and supports our overall business vision
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage our most complex and strategically important partnership opportunities
- Evaluate the findings of market research or analysis projects, assess the viability of alternative opportunities, and present recommendations to executive management
- Establish high-level, significant relationships with potential partners, key decision-makers, and industry leaders
- Lead the most important, complex, and difficult meetings and negotiations with potential partners to pursue business opportunities and protect our business interests
- Identify trends in emerging payment solutions and innovation with strategic value for Global Payments and enterprise & multinational clients
- Conceptualize, institute and manage Capability Partnerships that provide capabilities that power Global Payments solutions
- Conceptualize, institute and manage Acquiring Partnerships that extend Global Payments global acquiring offerings
- Conceptualize, institute and manage Processing Partnerships that support our ability to process transactions to payment platforms, acquirers and networks on a global basis
- Conceptualize, institute and manage Distribution Partnerships that take to market and/or sell our core solutions bundled with complementary software offerings
- Lead and own all Global Payments global partner relationships and collaborate with regional partnership teams (embedded within our regional businesses) to support centralized partner management efforts
- Design and construct complex analytical frameworks to make decisions and identify business and operational opportunities and risks; create strategic, business and financial rationale and analytics in support of commercial deals
- Lead cross-functional due diligence efforts with prospective partners, including financial, product, technical & systems assessment
- Lead internal advocacy efforts to invest in current partnerships and advocate for Multinational Commerce strategy and promote collaboration across the Global Payments organization
- Create and maintain commercial best practices to drive global partnership and go-to-market uniformity
- 10+ years of payments, strategic partnerships, business development & merchant acquiring experience, working with partners to deliver merchant-facing payment solutions
- Extensive worldwide knowledge of the payment, risk management and payment security industry, including card, alternative and local payment processing
- Significant experience managing commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to structure key terms and conditions to accommodate specific risks and constraints; demonstrated ability managing referral pipelines with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or other quantitative fields; language skills a plus
- Available to travel up to 30%
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.