Description POSITION PROFILE
As VP, Alliance & Partner Management, you will set the strategy for the alliance team as well as lead a team of Alliance Managers and ultimately be responsible for the results of our partnership programs. You will focus on growing our portfolio by managing our current partnerships and developing new technology partnerships based on requirements. You will create mutually beneficial agreements, go to market strategies and identify and develop new business opportunities. Effective alliances and partnerships require that this individual have strong relationship building skills at senior levels within large organizations and a demonstrated ability to execute high impact, cost effective initiatives.
The alliance team will be responsible for the overall management of all vendors that provide solutions or support for Ricoh's portfolio. Aligning with our overall corporate business strategy and our service offering strategy, you will define and set the strategy by which we engage with and manage vendors to maximum benefit. This includes ensuring we maximize revenue attainment and minimize cost spending with the vendors. You will engage closely with the other marketing and development centers across RUSA to ensure the overall alignment between the vendor and the Ricoh objective. You will be expected to create an organization that can establish and leverage relationships throughout all levels of a vendor's management structure to identify and engage in business opportunities that benefit Ricoh. You will work with the appropriate Ricoh executives, management and organizations to engage and operate these programs to realize the benefits. This includes both regional as well as global parts of Ricoh.
In this role, you will work closely with finance to ensure we track, report and forecast vendor spend accurately. In addition, you will manage contracting activities between the vendor, Ricoh business owner and legal to ensure we achieve the contractual and program terms necessary to deliver our services strategy. You may also be required to support M&A efforts as needed.
This role will create and implement processes, procedures and standards to manage the various levels of vendors effectively and efficiently including evaluate, measure and hold the vendors accountable for their responsibilities per the contracts and programs we establish. Also, ensure Ricoh meets the vendor's contractual and program requirements in areas such as training, certifications as well as license tracking, reporting and compliance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design and implement a vendor management strategy that maximizes the benefit to Ricoh
* Create processes and standards to manage vendors to support the vendor management strategy
* Build and manage an organization that can effectively track and manage vendors as well as align with the Ricoh organizations both at the local, regional and global levels.
* Work with the RCL, RUSA's Strategy, Sales and Marketing teams to build go-to-market Initiatives with key vendors that allow Ricoh to deliver unique value propositions and drive growth.
Vendor Management Strategy
* Design and establish a vendor management strategy so that you maximize revenue producing opportunities with the vendor and drive down vendor spending.
* The vendor management strategy must align with the overall Ricoh corporate strategy as well as the marketing strategy
* As part of the strategy provide support to other organizations but also allow and require them to deliver on their responsibilities in vendor engagement.
Processes and Standards
* Develop and implement process, procedures and standards to manage the vendors effectively and efficiently per a vendor value hierarchy such that Ricoh's investments in vendor activities are maximized to our benefit.
* Create a vendor value hierarchy that gives priority and focus to vendors that represent more strategic relationship potential yet still accounts for less strategic vendors to tract costs and compliance appropriately.
* On at least an annual basis, if not more frequently, measure, evaluate and hold the vendors accountable for their responsibilities per the contracts and programs we establish with the vendors.
* Establish models within Ricoh that define the role of all the points of relationships between Ricoh and the vendor such as technical, executive, legal, operational, or other as needed aligning with their processes and procedures.
* Ensure the Ricoh organizations understand their role in align with the vendor contracts and programs. As you design and create processes and standards, align them with other processes and standards of the organizations you need to interface with.
New Technology Discovery
* Work with the Create, Buy, Configure team to seek out qualified partners to meet the requirements of the portfolio management, Portfolio Marketing, & Engineering Development teams.
* Create and manage an organization that can deliver on the responsibilities of the Partner and Alliance Management organization
* Ensure they can engage with all levels of management at both the vendor and Ricoh to maximize the benefit to Ricoh align with the Ricoh organizations both at the local, regional and global levels.
* Oversee all the points of relationships such as marketing, sales, technical, exec, legal, operational, or other as needed between the vendor and Ricoh counterparts.
* Ensure the organization can evaluate and establish new vendor relationships as well as manage ongoing vendor relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
* BA/BS degree in Business or a technical field; Master's Degree preferred. Extensive work experience may be considered in-lieu of degree(s).
* 15 or more years Biz Dev / Marketing / Product Deployment / Product Management experience in a technology services based company.
* 10 or more years building and managing organizations to achieve business objectives in a technology services based company.
* Clear track record setting strategy and direction for the organization and leading them to achieve success
* Proven track record of successfully leveraging vendor relationships working with technology vendors on revenue production and cost reduction programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Senior management business acumen, leadership and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to communicate, influence and present at all levels of the organization including with customers and partners.
* Strong knowledge of premium remote and on-site technology services, operations, system platforms and processes.
* Senior level strategy and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to set direction and successfully execute against multiple high-level business.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.