Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Vice President, Pipeline Operations will oversee all pipeline operations and technical functions. This individual will be charged with leading and motivating the operations staff, ensuring continuity of standards and processes, understanding of risk, and the ability to effectively operate with the highest standards of efficiency, safety, and productivity.
With an eye towards safety, cost control, and value creation, the Vice President, Pipeline Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the company’s operating pipeline assets, with direct accountability for the technical disciplines and the operations in the Company. The executive will develop and implement operating plans that ensure the organization is achieving profitable growth and overall success. Additionally, this executive will monitor and guide contractors, staff and stakeholders through all aspects of project management including scope, procurement, contracting, contract evaluation, economic evaluations, cost estimation, cost schedule and control, risk management, and the logistical mobilization of a large third-party workforce.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Designing and executing upon scalable and common operational procedures and methodologies for the company with a focus towards safety, operational excellence, cost control, asset utilization, and value creation.
- Work closely with Integrity Management and Engineering to maximize the profitability of assets and systems.
- Maintaining responsibility for the creation and execution of the company’s capital program and expenditure budgets, as well as initiating and directing initiatives to improve capital and operating efficiencies.
- Identifying the principal operational risks of the business and ensuring implementation of appropriate systems to manage these risks. Ensures there is organized program to minimize downtime, maintains and operates assets with high level of integrity and reliability.
- Interfacing regularly across the organization to ensure that operations comply with standards.
- Designing and maintaining key metrics, systems, processes and Key Performance Indicators to be used to measure and maintain a high operating standard across the organization.
- Developing and recruiting the key team members, and through them, motivating his or her team to superior performance. As such, this executive will lead and develop a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes unwavering commitment to safety, technical and commercial excellence, team work and people development, ethical practices and individual integrity, sustainability, calculated risk-taking and creativity.
- Participating as a key member of the executive management team in the development and implementation of the company’s ongoing growth strategy.
- The Vice President, Pipeline Operations will have significant 20 + years of experience in the oil & gas industry with a strong preference in midstream operations where operational excellence is a fabric of the entity.
- Senior level experience in engineering, operations, and project management of pipelines.
- This executive will possess a strong track record of operational excellence and a track record for transforming business practices within high-growth project and operating environments.
- He/she will have previous experience leading meaningful sized budgets with full profit/loss accountability.
- This individual will have significant operating experience and be comfortable dealing with senior professionals across a myriad of disciplines ranging from engineering, operations, construction/project development, through to commercial, business development and administration.
- A strong understanding and experience of implementing leading environment, health, and safety initiatives – both personal safety and process safety.
- The Vice President, Pipeline Operations will have significant management and leadership experience where they have experience recruiting, retaining and developing a high performing team both of technical staff and management.
- The successful candidate must have unquestioned business ethics and personal integrity.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another related discipline is required for this position. MBA strongly preferred.
Desired Personal Qualities and Attributes:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Credibility - Can command respect; problem-solver with the ability to analyze problems carefully and conceptualize solutions.
- Communication skills - Polished; good listener; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative - Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work with and through others; able to forge effective working relationships with various parties and encourage them to work together toward common goals.
- Values - A hard work ethic and high energy level; honest and straightforward; outstanding integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.