At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Position Title: Vice President of Operations-West
Reports To: Division President
Working as the VP of Operations you will be responsible for ensuring that assigned business operations are efficient and effective. You will ensure that the proper management of resources, distribution of services to customers, and analyses of systems are conducted.
- Meets commitment to results for all areas of responsibilities. Including but not limited to: Client Retention and Satisfaction, Financial Performance and Requirements, Regulatory Compliance, Purchasing Requirements, Culinary Programs and Standards, Human Resources Management, Retail and Marketing Programs
- Directs business to achieve high performance as measured by the company scorecard
- Successfully builds relationships at all levels of the organizations
- Identifies client's needs
- Communicates account progress and new Company programs to client
- Conducts and/or monitors customer, client and associate satisfaction surveys
- Visits clients and facilities regularly
- Delivers the corporate communications and priorities to both the region team members and clients
- Builds an effective and results achieving team within the region
- Communicates effectively with all team members
- Ensures that all direct reports take specific action to correct issues at client units that do not attain corporate levels of satisfaction
- Develops and monitors realistic and accurate budget and forecasts.
- Ensures that the Region is meeting financial performance and client forecasts
- Participates in the sales process by working with pre-proposal site survey team, aiding in presentations, aiding in negotiation and approving of final contact
- Ensures that Operations Team members are performing their responsibilities effectively
- Ensures that audits are conducted at all facilities including but not limited to: Financial and Contractual, Sanitation and Food Safety, and Human Resources Yearly audits
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years upscale food service experience, including 10 years at the management level and five to seven years’ experience of multi-unit management
- Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Must be able to make business decisions based on financialreports and similar facts
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
- Must be able to read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- Must be able to analyze and interpret policies established by administrators
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 270721