This is an exciting opportunity for a senior level Trade Show/Events Director or VP to have ownership and overall responsibility for managing one of my client's successful portfolios/trade shows divisions. The VP of Trade Shows will bring their understanding of the events space and will be financially savvy to ensure thoughtful decisions are made leading to the continued growth. They will be skilled at facilitating strong partnerships and great working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, be willing to take calculated risks, have strong analytical skills and the ability to lead in a cross-functional, matrix environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing strategy, owning the budgets and P&L, planning, management and onsite execution of the 5 Events.
- Partner with C-Suite to set targets, establish the strategy and tactics to deliver on the plan, forecast and contribute to weekly sales reports. Identify challenges, solutions and opportunities.
- Partner with the CMO to ensure alignment on marketing strategy, marketing budget, goals and objectives for both attendee and sales marketing and working with marketing, marketing automation and data teams to achieve success and reinforce an enduring platform for scalable and profitable growth.
- Direct management of a team of 5 on a day-to-day basis including liaising with the event operations team to deliver on events.
- Represent the DNA of the brand, by being the event's market-facing identity and defining the value proposition and delivering eventexperiences that drive strong long-standing relationships with the event's attendees, content providers and sponsors.
- Engage with and understand customer groups to drive deep community understanding.
- Evolve, design and implement strategic plans for these events, resulting in enhanced revenue, profitability, growth, competitive advantage and customer outcomes. Focus on accelerating growth and improving margins.
- Drive the business' strategic direction including determining which offerings and products are viable.
- Work with marketing and operations leadership on look and feel to deliver a rewarding eventexperience for attendees and sponsors, building strategy from floor plan development to live event features.
- Work with live content team/conference team to ensure that content is aligned with event strategy.
- Liaise with PR team to develop KPIs and ensure delivery against goals, advising on subject matter experts to maximize the impact of PR activities.
- Using brand expertise and partnering with sales leadership, ensure sponsor messaging aligns to the greater event value proposition.
- Support the development of new sponsorship opportunities, including leading on experiential strategy, delivery and monetization.
- Manage retail community through the partnership with retail relations and marketing to improve attendee acquisition.
- Leverage data to gauge customer sentiment to determine necessary adjustments to the strategy and delivery of the events.
- Work with the creative team to ensure the visual identity is represented in all aspects of the event, including pre- and post-show activities.
- Ensure team is leveraging technology effectively ie Salesforce and marketing automation platforms, reporting as needed and analyzing trends to keep pace of various activities.
- 7-10 years' experience in the live event business, managing operations, or previous role as a Brand Manager/General Manager of Events, Show Director, Portfolio Director or VP of Trade Shows
- Strong and successful management of diverse teams and encouraging personal and professional growth.
- Strong experience in budget management.
- Proven success influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally.
- You are well traveled, culturally sensitive, and balance human factors with professional expectations.
- Flexible with traveling for work.
- Problem solving – you balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives.
- Objective Leadership: your effectiveness in keeping the team together and getting work done is a function of leadership and character, not rank.
- Strong culture builder with a good eye for talent and able to develop and motivate staff.
- Out of the box thinking: You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches on reaching audiences and engaging attendees.
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Flexibility with working hours and office/home and great benefits