VP of Technology
Why is technology important at AutoAnything.com?
Being the leading retailer of specialty automotive accessories and aftermarket parts is just the starting point. We’re going to provide the technology leadership within the automotive aftermarket industry. That means leveraging technology to solve the real-world problems our customers experience – from not knowing what to buy to not knowing how to install a part or how to get help doing so. We’ll embed our technology in our customers’ lives to allow them to get the most out of their vehicle – for work and pleasure. We’re looking for an innovator who can look beyond just retail – someone who can not only dream up products but also build them.
- Our teams build the infrastructure and software that power all aspects of AutoAnything.com
- We believe in and practice Scrum
- We develop software using Microsoft NET and C#; we try to use the best tool for the job.
- We manage our SDLC using a collection of TFS, Release Manager, PowerShell, and DSC.
- We strive for full automation of our software deployments and delivery.
- We listen intently, absorb, and participate actively in discussions.
- We have the courage to say what we think.
- We believe in shaping good judgment in individuals instead of imposing rules across the team; .
- We have a desire to learn more about our customers, to become experts in our industry, and to leverage technology in ways that set us apart from our competition.
- We challenge the status quo when warranted.
- We are selfless and do what’s best for our team and our teammates.
- We operate with integrity and honor our commitments.
- We make an impact by focusing on consistency and results.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable functionality.
- Software functionality can only be realized by the customer when it is delivered to them by sound systems.
- Nonfunctional requirements are as important as desired functionality to the user’s outcome.
- Infrastructure is code, and should be developed and managed as such.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development.
- Deliver working functionality frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of days.
- Business people, operations, and developers must work together daily.
- Build products around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software successfully delivered by sound systems is the primary measure of progress – build and deploy quality, disposable, software.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, operations, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity – the art of maximizing the amount of work not done–is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
The VP of Technology will provide the vision, direction, and guidance for our engineering teams. That might include envisioning new products, building support for products, helping someone see the bigger picture to more efficiently solve problems; or supporting professional growth opportunities. Our leaders are not taskmasters, nor do they have the responsibility to tell their engineers how to make an impact. Our leaders help motivate their teams by reinforcing our values and principles and by helping shape good judgment.
- You respect and share our values.
- You act like an owner and think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our mission.
- You thrive in a rapid-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment.
- You are resourceful and can help relieve even the most obstacles to make your teammates succeed. You want to be helpful.
- You love helping people achieve their goals; personal and professional.
- You have a high emotional intelligence, have a knack for recognizing your own and other teammates’ emotions, and can use that information to help you shape good in your teams and teammates.
- You love working with teams of smart and driven people who are excited to solve challenging problems.
- You can talk about complex systems and have ideas on how to most build quality, performant, and easily supportable solutions.
- You enjoy diving deep into systems and can understand the technical details from code, to networks, to operating systems, and server infrastructure.
- You believe documentation around the systems.
- You exhibit dogged determination to get to the root of problems.
- You care about best-practices and evangelizing them with the team.
- You like to research and propose new techniques and methodologies to improve quality and efficiency of our software.
- You innovate in sharing and scaling the best ideas regardless of origin.
- You can convey your thoughts, enjoy presenting what done, and can cater your message to audiences both technical and non-technical.
- You strive for simplicity and add meaning to reduce and eliminate complexity.
- You have a passion for understanding, evaluating, and learning new technologies
- You’ve built, scaled, and mentored a cohesive team of amazing engineers and leaders.
- You’ve and matured a software engineering practice that supports an agile methodology and emphasizes continuous delivery.
- You’ve built and managed high-performing agileengineering teams.
- You’ve designed and implemented a robust and scalable hiring process that ensures we maintain a for talent.
- Helped individuals succeed by recognizing and providing opportunities for professional growth for ten or more years. Designed and delivered consumer-facing products.
- You’ve built, used and understand APIs, web security; cloud computing, systems and architecture, networking systems, bandwidth and overall internet infrastructure.
- You have designed the workflows associated with various department/company business processes.
- You have supported the creation of enterprise systems and security policies and procedures.
- You have familiarity with compliance requirements for PCI.
- You’ve evaluated technology solutions, selected technology vendors, negotiating contracts related to technology purchases, and maintained relationships with technology vendors.
- You’ve designed and established processes for predictability and on-time and on budget delivery against product roadmaps.
- You’ve preferably worked for an organization in the Internet Retailer Top 500.
- You have a degree in a related discipline or other equivalent formal education.
- You’ll communicate the company’s technology vision, strategy, and development plan to the outside world business professionals inside an organization.
- You’ll ensure the company's technology strategy always serves its business .
- You’ll define the organizational structure of the team as we grow.
- You’ll lead annual headcount planning and staffing resource planning processes for a complex and high growth business.
- You'll provide visibility into risks, and cross-functional dependencies.