We are seeking a VP of Quality to drive quality and reliability of our products and processes to the next level.
This position will focus on all aspects and processes of R&D that impact quality regardless of function and will own all process improvements from soup to nuts. The successful candidate must be an experienced Quality Leader who fully understands the Kaizen approach to continuous improvement and has successfully built high performing teams to deliver world-class products to the market. This position will report to the SVP of Engineering.
* Partner with multiple R&D and other functional teams to develop and monitor customer quality requirements and metrics.
* Develop and implement improvements to standardized quality processes for both automated and manual test strategies, test plans, monitoring, and reporting of test results in an effort to close quality gaps
* Maintain Kaizen Continuous Improvement philosophy throughout the organization to challenge/improve the overall quality of our software and processes
* Audit quality systems and processes for deficiencies and implement appropriate corrective actions; report results and recommendations to leadership team.
* As the Quality Competency Manager, build a quality organization that resolves issues/problems while maintaining and meeting business requirements.
* Collaborate with other employees, managers, and teams to ensure high quality outcomes; provide strong quality support for all R&D team
Experience and Skills
* 10+ years of experience driving Quality improvements and/or Software Development in a Lean/Agile technology company.
* Deep belief in Lean/Agile principles and experience as a Lean/Agile champion in a software development organization.
* Experience as a developer or QA engineer in a high volume enterprise software environment is very helpful.
* Strong knowledge of quality concepts and methodologies including experience implementing quality automation tools and processes in both an on-premise and public cloud environment.
* Demonstrated success implementing company-wide quality policies, structure, systems, and procedures in a distributed development model
* Proven success at implementing Quality processes that intersect and compliment DevOps processes in a Lean/Agile environment
* Experience speaking and presenting to C-level executives, customers and strategic partners
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative and innovative organization.
* Deeply results-oriented with a sense of urgency and passion.
Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field is required. A Master?s in a related field, or business Administration, is a plus. Background in educational technology is also a plus.