Bay Colony Search has been retained to hire a VP of Sales for a rapidly growing integrated equipment company based in Louisville, KY. He/she will be responsible for the development and execution of sales strategies that will profitably grow sales while managing National Account Representatives and will then hire, develop, and manage Regional Sales Managers to further accelerate the current growth. Success will be measured relative to exceeding sales forecasts, improving profit margins, growing the sales funnel, growth in target vertical markets and helping to drive key company initiatives. The VP will be part of the executive team and must demonstrate a passion for excellence combined with resourcefulness and an unwavering drive and determination to achieve results.
- Develop and implement long-term sales strategy, goals and tactics in order to profitably grow sales by creating goals and objectives that are executed throughout the sales organization
- Develop and grow business with existing customers while continually cultivating new channels, markets, and customers for company products
- Direct, develop and manage small National sales team staff, including providing coaching and training, setting goals, evaluating performance, planning staff assignments and sales development; make and approve people management decisions (e.g., recruitment, promotions, terminations and salary changes)
- Will be responsible for hiring, training, leading Regional Sales Managers in multiple markets upon hire
- Identify and develop new markets, channels, and vertical segments
- Monitor sales results across all product lines mapping sales trends and targeting opportunities for improvement; drive an analytical approach to selling
- Analyze how the competition, market pricing, and other conditions affect the current and future state of the business
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager on local, regional, and national strategic marketing plans to drive brand recognition & image including participation in industry tradeshows, conferences, and professional groups
- Partner with Marketing and Product Management on the identification of new products to enhance our existing offering and to provide guidance for design of new products and services to satisfy growing market needs.
- Identify and attend relevant industry trade shows and associations.
- Present the current status as well as near-term and long-term expectations for the business annually as part of the corporate quarterly review process.
- Bachelor?s degree in Marketing or Business related field. MBA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive salesexperience and 5+ years managing a sales team with remote employees
- Must have extensive experience selling a service in the industrial sector. Should also have experience working for a distributor
- Experience selling on a national level is mandatory
- Experience leading in a rapidly growing organization
- Proven track record of achieving revenue growth & profitability through sales excellence and execution
- Must be a strong, enthusiastic, persuasive leader and team builder able to motivate individuals across the organization and ability to command cross-functional support and respect. Must be a hands-on manager who has proven success, both strategically and tactically
- Able to think effectively at both conceptual and strategic level, highly skilled in planning and executing complex strategies
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with top level executives
- History of recruiting, retaining, training, and managing high-performing teams
- Experience with P&Ls including, developing and managing budgets and forecasts
- Domestic travelrequired: will range from 30-50%