VP of Sales, FinTech
8 - 10 years experience • Software
To $350K / Equity Offered
VP of Sales
Disruptive FinTech for Private Markets, Boston
Strategic Sales Leader, Energetic Team Builder and Inspiring Manager
We have an incredible opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, investor-backed FinTech leader to set the sales agenda, develop an outstanding sales team, and drive revenue. Due to the nature of this being a start-up, this is not a remote role.
GET OUT IN FRONT
Private equityinvestment is well on its way for another blockbuster year, predicted to surpass 2016 for global venture capital investing. Our client revolutionizes how private markets get and exchange information, delivering unprecedented value to this exploding marketplace.
As an innovator in best-in-class financial data and performance analytics technology for private equity firms and investors, our client has developed proprietary platforms that enable unparalleled transparency and access to intelligence and insights for more effective decision-making and relationship building. General Partners (GPs) uniquely tap how their funds are perceived and how they compare to other funds in the eyes of Limited Partners (LPs), providing richer information for more meaningful conversations. LP’s gain robust market data and analytics to construct better deals, bringing enhanced value to investors.
You will have the opportunity to drive exponential growth for this Boston-based company that is backed by one of the world’s largest investors in private equity with over 25years as a global markets investor and advisor.
As part of the executive leadership team, you will work directly with the CEO to define the sales strategy, be responsible for closing deals, and take ownership of key accounts. As both player and coach, you will carry your own quota while building out and managing a team of close-knit sales people. Selling directly to national and global private equity firms, you and your team will call on C-suite executives, heads of IR, and managing directors to drive revenue.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the head of sales, you are expected to sell, lead by example, be highly engaged with your team, and work collaboratively with marketing and customer success. Drive, passion, and an open and collaborative work-style will be keys to success at this entrepreneurial start-up.
The ideal candidate will have extensive salesexperience, sales leadership expertise within software infrastructure, a proven track record of growing revenue, ranging from $0-30M+, and demonstrated success in hiring, motivating, and leading a team to secure sales growth.
- History of leading and selling in a rapidly growing start-up like environment
- Managed and sold in software infrastructure, market research, or data & analytics
- Advanced understanding of building and implementing all phases of a successful, solutions-based sales process
- Experience establishing and implementing a revenue strategy
- Innate desire and aptitude to sell and lead simultaneously
- Effective communicator and influencer at all levels
- Expertise in recruiting, hiring, training, managing, & developing strong sales professionals to achieve goals
- Entrepreneurial, inclusive team-first mentality
- Ability to work cross-functionally in an open-office environment
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Global citizen