Desktop Metal is looking for an experienced VP of Quality to grow, nurture, and lead a team that keeps quality top of mind for our products. You will define, staff and establish the business unit focused on ensuring quality products and ensuring consistency across all functions of the company. This position reports to our President, and will work in alignment with engineering and operations.
- Implement and manage quality programs across engineering, product management, and customer teams.
- Lead a group that is laser-focused on the quality of our products, our internal processes, and our supply chain.
- Create, maintain, and coach the organization through an overall quality plan.
- Ensure that the company has the tools and resources to adopt quality best practices.
- Establish, implement and report quality metrics.
- Take a proactive approach to identify quality issues and "sound the alarm".
- Develop and implement automation solutions as needed (mechanical, electronics and software) needed to validate the products.
- Working with compliance, ensure we have the appropriate coverage in place to verify product operation.
- Audit processes for compliance with the overall quality plan.
- You have managed successful Quality teams, and have established processes and tools at a startup / high growth company.
- You are high-energy and business-smart who knows how to balance and align business and customer needs.
- Experience using data-driven processes to track our overall quality journey.
- Experience implementing a modern digital QMS.
- Experience working on a complex software / hardware product – electro-mechanical, control systems, machines, robotics, devices, etc.
- Knowledge and experience implementing industry standards and methodologies - Six Sigma, SPC, Control Plans, APQP, PPAP, etc.
- Experience working on a product sold internationally.
- Able to travel about 10%