VP of Quality
11 - 15 years experience • Diversified Industrial
New global industrial client establishing NA headquarters in Atlanta seeking -
Proactively Leads the Quality function and develops a strong quality culture within the organization at all levels. Creates and drives all quality and quality related initiatives throughout business, including but not limited to quality systems, product quality programs, quality assurance programs and continuous improvement programs. Develops and executes quality strategies that support the growth of current product offerings and future pipeline portfolios. Tracks quality health and cost of quality within the organization through auditing processes and quality performance metric analysis; provides feedback and recommendation to senior management to support the company’s Quality Management System. Provides global management oversight and support to group quality teams, ensuring consistency across organization so that all operations meet quality policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring appropriate quality standards are consistently achieved by suppliers, vendors and service providers through quality programs along with quality management oversight where appropriate. Ensures all operations programs are compliant and meet industry and regulatory expectations.
• Creates and communicates a compelling vision for quality within the organization that supports both corporate and functional mission and goals. Executes strategic and tactical quality plans to ensure the company’s growth plans are achieved in a timely and compliant manner.
• Develops strategic plans that ensure the appropriate levels of quality are present and consistent within all operations
• Develop and implement thorough supplier quality management programs including processes for evaluating and qualifying new suppliers, as well as auditing existing suppliers particularly in low-cost and high risk areas.
• Ensure quality is integrated into product and process change management processes, early stage to scale-up activities and process improvements for existing product offerings, as well as for new product pipelines.
• Acts as an internal consultant for all quality related areas within the organization, such as development activities within R&D as well as implementation of tools that may also impact other functional areas within the company including sales, finance, IT, etc.
• Develops a compliance program and team within the organization to auditinternal activities within the company as well as vendors. Implements the appropriate management oversight is in place with external supporting organizations to ensure the quality of their products and services.
• Develops and reports appropriate metrics that monitor the health and cost of quality. Ensures metrics are visible at all levels within the organization and that suitable corrective and preventative actions are implemented to address shortfalls. Implements a Quality Management review process to ensure senior management are actively involved in managing quality within the company.
• Maintains an effective Quality Management System that assesses the appropriateness of the Quality Management System on an annual basis and makes recommendations to senior management for improvement.
• Provide direction and support to group quality teams, ensuring management oversight for quality activities across all sites. Develops global quality policies and procedures as tools to ensure a approach of consistency of quality and quality supporting processes.
• Ensures effective information and best practice sharing throughout the global quality teams.
• Effectively leverage Operational Excellence tools to drive continuous improvement and identify and address systemic problems.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with appropriate quality bodies, professional associations, external experts and key opinion leaders. Represents the company and actively participates in global industry quality groups that work to influence global quality related activities.
• Effectively builds organizational capacity necessary to achieve organizational goals and functional objectives, including recruiting and developing talent of high technical and leadership caliber. Coaches staff on specific performance and profession development issues
• A four yeardegree from an accredited university in Engineering or related field of study.
• A MBA or othergraduatedegree and continued specialized education within Quality Systems.
• 10-15 plus years in Quality Management with increasing responsibility throughout work history.
• Experience integrating quality testing and management systems into ERP and MES systems.
• 3-5 plus years in a corporate or business unit managerial position holding responsibility for total company or business unit quality management and initiatives.
• Experience in expanding quality operations from start-up to significant scale both domestically and internationally.
• Experience in implementing and building a strong Quality Management System within an organization.
• Experience in developing and managing a program to support business goals.
• Experience with international operations and working with remote teams.
• Proven ability to develop, lead and manage cross-functional / cross-divisional teams.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective teams.
• Experience in working with and providing quality oversight to suppliers, third party contractors and service providers.