VP of Public Sector Sales ( In-building, Fiber Networks, K-12 )
Our client designs and builds award-winning telecom networks that power connectivity for major urban areas, smart cities, rural areas, mass transit, and large venues. Over their past decade of success, they have built thousands of miles of fiber, cell towers, rooftop installations, and small cells. Their network assets are valued in hundreds of millions of dollars, with a strong nationwide presence in the wireless market. They are hiring a VP of Public Sector Sales to expand the company's footprint within the K-12 educational system.
The VP of Public Sector Sales will focus on marketing in-building networkinfrastructure to K-12 schools via the government-funded E-Rate program, which subsidizes network expansion for educational facilities. This person will manage the connectivity technology that equips today's students for tomorrow's technology environment.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive compensation and full benefits package, including base salary, uncapped commissions, medical benefits, and large company expense account.
- Opportunity for promotion to senior VP within 3 years.
- High-performing executive leadership with over 100 combined years of industry experience.
- Flexible work-from-home options.
- Extensive sales support resources: lead generation, sales engineers, project implementation team, paid referrals, company-funded market research, and more.
- Company has millions of dollars in network assets and strong partnerships nationwide, including major US carriers.
- Outstanding capital resources: can build anywhere.
- Industry experience in the dynamic, high-growth telecom network space.
- Strong customer focus and many awards for quality customer experience and product integrity.
- High employee tenure in sales department.
- History of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Prospect networkinfrastructure builds for K-12 educational facilities, marketing top-quality fiber network solutions customized for individual school needs.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to deepen the company footprint within the educational market.
- Work with E-Rate subsidy program to help schools fund their network builds.
- Accompany sales engineers and project managers to develop custom RFPs and to demonstrate network technology capabilities.
- Collaborate with other sales and marketing team members to create sales forecasts and reports.
- Develop plans for customer acceptance and integration with existing networks.
- 15+ years of technical sales experience in the wireless/telecom industry. Technical background in telecom is a strong plus.
- Deep experience selling to the K-12 education market, including experienceworking with the E-Rate program.
- Technical understanding of network coverage technologies, including:
- Fiber networks
- In-building wireless coverage
- Wireless broadband
- Network deployment and construction
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent technical presentation skills. Comfortable working with local governments, municipalities, and educational decision-makers.
- Some travel.