Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the VP Project Management for our Texas markets, you will take ownership for leading development activities for land and building developments including land due diligence, entitlement, design and construction of industrial and warehouse facilities (both speculative and build‐to‐suit) and associated tenant improvements.
In addition to handling key projects, this person leads and coaches a team of project management professionals ensuring accurate staffing to run forecasted development activity, providing cost and budget information for investment memos, leading the technical side of the entitlement process as well as optimizing designs and contractor bidding. Key success factors include the active mentoring and management of a best-in-class development team, partnering with local deployment team, enabling excellent communication with regional partners, and innovation and implementation of development standard methodologies.
The position requires a high degree of energy, passion, outgoing personality, technical competence and integrity. The person will domicile in either our Dallas or Houston office and interact daily with Prologis development, deployment and leasing teams.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Coach the local Prologis project management team across performance, staffing and growth.
- Lead Build-to-Suits and land pursuits in collaboration with Capital Deployment and Regional Property Management.
- Own your development portfolio performance (cost, schedule, quality, safety.
- Mentors and leads junior colleagues by providing feedback, supervising performance, sharing expertise and honing judgement skills.
- Accountable for ongoing innovation and initiatives.
- Drive impact and show strength of lean construction, GC bid negotiations and design optimization initiatives against targets.
- Develop and own relationships with General Contractors.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 10 years experience, Minimum degree of a Bachelor’s of Science in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering (Civil or Structural). Additional experience on design and build projects is preferred but not required.
- Consistent track record working in the field of land development or construction management. If education is technically in engineering, architecture or real estate development, applicant should have a minimum of three concurrent years’ experience working on construction projects. Project management experience with a general contractor or owners rep is helpful.
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Google Earth, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience championing a project from acquisition through due diligence, entitlements and permitting.
- Be self‐motivated and have the ability to multi‐task and prioritize with minimal direction.
- Possess a hardworking, positive demeanor, be a standout colleague and customer service oriented.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive in approaching solutions and problem solving.
- Promote the Prologis brand with passion in a positive, can do demeanor with a real focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Be able to have fun!