SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area company with ground-breaking traceability and authentication technology that has a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied to the food, not the packaging. Through a combination of patented DNA tagging and detection technologies, and novel particle chemistry and molecular biology, our IOT solutions enable customers to gainfull transparency into product origin, protect their brand, and reduce inventory and recall costs. You’ll be on the cutting edge of food/agtech!
About the position
SafeTraces is looking for a Vice President of Product who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. The VP of Product will be responsible for the technical vision and development of our solutions, integrating multiple technologies and disciplines into aproductroadmap that defines how we transform food/ag tech, and being a core member of our leadership team.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead,manage, and mentor a growing team of product developers, engineers, and scientists.
- Lead, develop, and communicate anintegrated product strategy and roadmap to all stakeholders.
- Develop budgets, forecast, and metrics, and manage teams accordingly.
- Leadand planproduct development, developand manage deliverables.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each solution.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and action.
- Participate in press activities, conferences, trade shows, panels, and in discussion with market analysts.
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient,high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience with Product Management and Product Development in the food or ag tech sectors
- M.S., M.B.A. or equivalent work experience
- Experience successfully developing and commercializing new technology products in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience building and leading high-performing technical and commercial teams
- Experience building and managing rapid growth profit and loss product lines
- A highly analytical approach combined with superior problem-solving skills and the ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits and perks
- Competitive compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits, 401(k) matching, commuter benefits