The VP of Product will lead a team of product management and engineering professionals; identify new and expanded market opportunities; project manage the creation and delivery of world-class products/solutions, coordinating with development, sales, marketing, client services, business leaders and other stakeholders; and drive a product roadmap setting PowerDMS up for success in the market. This role will touch all areas of the business and will be welcomed as a thought leader by the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers, designers, and related personnel.
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the products across all product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Align product vision with the businesses short and long-term goals.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate, align, and refine strategic marketing plans for each product.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers.
- Become the key evangelist of PowerDMS and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer/prospect needs and deliver great solutions.
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively research, mine data and apply strategic thinking to executive-level pitches and presentations.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Facility with basic business software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps, as well as project management applications.
- Experience with defining, designing, implementing, and managing various product management and development methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of PM skills, processes, best practices and ability to teach others.
Education and/or Experience
- 8+ years of software Product Management experience is desired.
- 8+ years of experience in managing, coaching, and leading senior level and mid-level staff including multi-functional teams.
- Master’s in Business or Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Certified Product Owner, or strong understanding of Agile/Scrum techniques
- Hands on design experience with enterprise B2B applications for both technical and business users
- Experience defining technical product features; from inception to execution
- Demonstrated experience developing Software products.
- B2B SaaS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated visionary leader with the ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic, progressive, and technologically advanced product offering.