The VP of Product Management, Data and Analytics will be the driving force in leading Workiva’s Intelligent Platform Strategy. This role will be a key partner to the VP of Data and Analytics and will serve as a collaborative partner to the broader R&D team. This person will provide strategic thinking and a roadmap of analytics products and features that will bring Workiva's intelligent SaaS platform strategy to life. This role will also act as an internal and external evangelist for Workiva's Data and Analytics products and will work directly with sales, marketing, prospects, customers and partners to understand market needs and use cases.We are open to remote applicants or people wanting to work in one of our offices: Charleston, SC; Ames, IA; Denver, CO; Scottsdale, AZ; or Bozeman, MT.
What You'll Do:
Product Management Oversight: Oversees the work of the Product Management team, identifying macro-trends in the identification of business needs and related software product requirements with a focus on the needs of the broader customer base
- Defines and drives global strategic product goals or initiatives for Data Analytics
- Encourages growth, innovation, and collaboration so that product managers and their teams are operating at a high level of performance
- Ensures synchronization of customer discovery across multiple related teams to ensure macro-trends are clearly identified across the customer base
- Ensures the Data and Analytics platform capabilities are aligned with the broader Workiva Platform vision.
- Communicates strategic purposes and focus for product development across Product Managers and related Product Development teams
- Prioritizes initiatives based on the strategic objectives of Product Management and the company’s objectives
- Act as Product Management subject matter expert for Data and Analytics to share best practices across the company
Stakeholder Relationship Management: Fosters relationships with internal teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
- Partners with functional, engineering, and product executives across the company
- Collaborates with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Partners, and Professional Service teams to ensure that customer requirements are fully met
- Influences future business strategy at the leadership and executive level
People Management: Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance
- Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision
- Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance
- Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains relationships and effectively communicates with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders
- Manages operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
What You'll Need:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 15+ years experience delivering software products used by external end-users (not just internal users), ideally in a creative software area, and with experience across two or more of server, web/SaaS, desktop, and mobile
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years focused on data and analytics products, working closely with data scientists, analysts, and engineers
- Entrepreneurial experience managing multiple functions of an operation
- Proven success driving product strategy and product releases in a comparable environment
- Knowledge and experience working in a FedRAMP or heavily regulated data environment a plus
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile development environment a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of accounting and financial reporting a plus
- Expert on how to leverage artificial intelligence (machine learning, natural language processing, cognitive services, robotic process automation) to enhance platform value and deliver data products.
- Expertise in product development from inception to market
- Deep understanding of data landscape e.g. data lake, cloud data warehouse, data pipeline, data prep, data catalog, data democratization and governance
- Adept at creating strategies to create or acquire valuable, differentiating datasets to create business value.
- Ability to multitask to meet tight deadlines
- Proven track record of leading and developing high performing product teams
- Ability to collaborate with and influence executive leadership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate across the organization with all levels of leadership and management
- Periodic travel for collaboration and alignment.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You'll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $227,000 - $286,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.