Vice President, Platform Engineering
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think, so we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is seeking a Vice President, Platform Engineering to join our team. You will be a part of setting a culture of creativity, innovation and excellence in all areas of engineering and technology. You are a passionate and technical leader with experience in both commercial and open source stacks and always championing for a best of breed approach to tooling and methodology. Your experience in enterprise-level software development will allow you to contribute and execute upon technical initiatives that are of a complex nature. Understanding of domain driven architecture, event sourcing, distributed systems, concurrency, performance and scale will allow you to create and lead a team to building resilient products that stand the test of time. Your experience in building vs buying particular software components with a wider technical team is imperative alongside experience with large third-party components such as ERP's, CMS's, CRM's and ESP's.
- Create and drive the vision, mission and functional oversight of the Platform Engineering team
- Set clear objectives to produce measurable results
- Support the Platform Engineering roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle
- Provide actionable metrics and insights into the performance and operational health of the platforms
- Create tools and automation platforms to accelerate feature team development.
- Work with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Influence and support the culture, values and standards of the IT organization
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution and professional growth
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
- Create and pursue process and efficiency improvement opportunities
- Build a scalable cloud infrastructure for SDC's technology to scale on
- Ensure the stability of production environments
It will really make us smile if you have…
- 15+ years of progressive experience in an IT function
- 10+ years of progressive experience working within eCommerce technology stacks.
- Demonstrated success in automating developer pipelines and tools for greater velocity and quality output.
- Demonstrated success implementing large global Platform Engineering functions
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the regulatory, security, privacy and risk safeguards required of a global financial institution.
- Ability to foster and drive organizational change, within a highly matrixed environment, through process optimization, change leadership and the development of a strong network of partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge leading IT functions like incident/change/problem management, vulnerability management, internal technology audits, risk management, project delivery, resource/capacity management.
- Effective organizational and cultural skills to drive and implement major engineering efforts.
- Strong relationship management and strategic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree and/or related field experience required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in python and .NET core preferred.
- Experience in building auto-scaling AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in building automated CI/CD pipelines.
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture