Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
11 - 15 years
Posted 27 days ago
Details: A VP of Operations job in Fredericksburg, VA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing insightful analysis, process, reporting, metrics, and disciplined control to drive continuous customer responsiveness, operational efficiency and margin improvement. You will also manage the following functional areas: Facilities, IT, Human Resources, and Contracts. To be considered for this role, you will have a Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Finance or Business Administration, plus a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in an executive/managerial position. Due to the nature of the work performed in this facility, US citizenship is required.
VP of Operations Job duties:
• Provide forward looking insight and function as a strategic business partner, enabler and a problem solver in strategic issues.
• Provide key leadership in corporate and operational functions including operational control; business integration, responsiveness and efficiency; input to strategic planning; and corporate development.
• Work in a hands-on fashion to lead reporting departments.
• Focus on systems and processes to improve company operations.
• Help drive the performance, strategic planning and growth orientation of the business.
• Recruit, lead, manage, assess and help build a high-performance team and growth culture based on providing value to customers, direct communication, compliance, and accountability.
• Partner closely with the CEO to lead the company through significant growth and an overall increase of valuation for overall profitability.
• Summarize findings and provide recommendations to the stakeholders based on business objectives and strategies.
• Analyze client portfolio to assess current and future headcount budgets with HR and Finance & Accounting to determine staffing, talent, and other people-related needs.
• Work with HR to determine business metrics to be used to develop a robust career ladder that is aligned with margin and profit objectives.
• Help insure contracts administration is efficient, responsive and optimized to both protect the company’s interests and build win-win relationships.
• Insure the company’s IT infrastructure and processes protect the company’s information, support all elements of the company’s IT needs, is efficient and responsive and has minimal business interruptions.
• Master's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Finance or Business Administration.
• 12+ years of relevant experience in an executive/managerial position.
• Exceptional knowledge of manufacturing environments (OEM experience preferred).
• Proven success as a team builder and communicator with the ability to solve problems and drive solutions.