Job Title: Vice President of Operations
Reports To: General Manager
The Vice President (VP) of Operations works alongside the senior management team to set and execute the operational strategy to maximize and deliver on KPI's, budgetary and Financial targets. This includes supporting commercial decisions on product strategy, product pricing, cell costing and capital expenditure.
The VP of Operations is responsible for directing, supporting and managing all direct operational departments of the business including, but not limited to Operations, Production Control, Master Scheduling, Procurement and Maintenance. In conjunction with direct operational departments the VP of Operations will provide support or resources as needed.
The VP of Operations is accountable for the overall ownership of all levels of the operations, ensuring that all operational departments reach their KPI's and budgetary targets. The VP of Operations will coordinate all operational reviews with accountability for overall operational excellence in conjunction with management and leadership of necessary departments.
The General Manager of Operations will be accountable for leading and coaching all members of staff and assisting in the development of operational Continuous Improvement activities including the use of LEAN principles across all operational, service and support functions on site.
Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for ensuring short and long-term capacity planning is completed by the materials and scheduling team. Leading the Operational planning process, working with each team to ensure production programs are planned and meet customer demands through the most efficient and effective flow.
- Understand how to balance production in order to achieve optimum use of manpower, time, equipment and resources within cost restraints.
- Oversee the development and implementation of capacity plan for cells, working with other functions as required
- Identify and recommend asset improvements and use of new technology in order to achieve improvements to production processes.
- Oversee the implementation and sustainability of TPM. Program must be monitored for results.
- Ensure regular team communication and ensure messages flow from senior leadership down to the shop floor.
- Along with input from Human Resources, maintain accountability of staff and employees through reward and recognition programs and corrective actions.
- Ensure participation of you and your team in employee engagement activities
- Responsible for financial results of that affect P&L and budget. Understand how production performance impacts on financial results and develop improvements to meet or exceed financial targets. Monitor and report on financial performance
- Responsible for recovery when deviating from plan
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor
- Review consumable tooling and reduce spending to ensure maximum cost effectiveness and equipment efficiency
- Review standard work and time standards established for operations to ensure maximum efficiency
- Create milestones / project plans and ensure front line supervision and manager's tasks remain on schedule
- Must be comfortable with interaction at all levels of personnel
- Provide support to customers / vendors on any production related items.
- Participate in root cause/corrective action efforts as necessary and other Continuous Improvement projects
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to support the growth of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University in Business Management, Manufacturing Operations or related field. A Master's degree is preferred. A minimum of 10 years related experience in the aerospace industry or general manufacturing.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
OTHER SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong background in manufacturing and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required.
- Prior experience as a machinist (CNC Milling and Turning) a plus
- Prior experience in cutting tool technology a plus
- Prior experience in Aerospace Machining and Fabrication a plus
- Experience with Inconel, Titanium and Stainless-Steel materials a plus
- Comfortable with a manufacturing environment interacting with machinist on the shop floor
- Familiar with ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems and associated responsibilities
- Knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication skills are needed; both verbal and written
- Ability to create effective power point presentations including KPI charts