VP of Operations - asphalt
Growing asphalt manufacturer is looking for an VP of Operations. The position oversees plant activities in order to meet business objectives and is accountable for all aspects of plant performance. The VP will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that?s consistent with quality requirements. The VP will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant. The VP with be a change agent driving continuous improvement in all areas of the plant.
This will be in a complex manufacturing environment learning the industry while improving throughput, productivity, and robustness
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage daily operations in our plant facility
* Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility
* Test and monitor plant processes
* Remain in compliance with facility ISO standards and all HSE guidelines
* Prepare, analyze, and issue production and performance reports
* Control costs to achieve company budget goals
* Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
* Champions continuous improvement on the manufacturing floor
Supervision is provided directly by the General Manager. Limited supervision is provided by the CEO.
Qualifications & Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor?s degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
* 8+ years* experience as a Plant or Operations Manager in asphalt manufacturing, at least 2+ years as a General Manager will full P/L responsibilities
* Six Sigma/ Lean/ Continuous improvement experience.
* Must be a champion for change and improvement.
* Must be a proven leader and motivator.
* Results oriented.
* Data and metrics driven.
* Ability to work with associates throughout the organization.
* Possess skills to influce those around them and garner the cooperation needed to move improvements in a positive direction.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents, drawings, catalogs, adate sheets, and vendor quotes.
* Familiar with Lean/six sigma production methods.
* Project management, task management skills.
* Proficient in MS Office software, ability to learn ERP software. Proficient in data extraction for performance analysis.