What are we looking for?
The successful candidate for this newly created position will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a services environment; and one who considers him/herself to be on a CFO career track.
- The VP of Operations Accounting will play a critical role in partnering with Kellen’s Executive Committee and its Senior Leadership client teams in strategic decision making and operations as Kellen continues to improve its quality, efficiencies and build scale. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
What will you do?
Reporting to the CFO, the VP of Operations Accounting will:
- Direct all aspects of global accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payable, payroll and financialreporting.
- Support senior management client teams on new processes and or standards that need to be implemented or changed to optimize financial best practices efficiently while meeting client needs.
- Establish, maintain and monitor an educational program at the client team level of basic, practical accounting and
reporting best practices to better manage client expectations and foster efficient and effective practices.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, KPIs, cost of services, expenses and compliance.
- Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with financial institutions.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financialreporting.
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally
- Accepted accounting principles. Oversee Director, Finance, Corporate and Group Controllers
- Oversee association annual audits and the preparation of the association’s Form 990.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning, budgeting and results management.
- Work withother team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinate and/or prepare taxschedules, returns and information.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensure compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicabletaxes.
- Manage cash flow.
- Build the accounting department as the company grows
- Present to and interact with Board of Directors.
- Otherfinance and administrative duties as required.
Am I qualified?
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience in a service (not manufacturing) business with activity based project costing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition financeexperience.