What you’ll do:
The very short version --
- Be a strong servant leader, who can coach and develop our marketing talent to reach the next level.
- Use your full-stack marketing experience to translate GMs business needs into marketing plans.
- Own and safeguard the Brand, helping us to establish and maintain clear, consistent core messaging across businesses and at a company level.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Marketing defines and implements an integrated marketing plan that positions Stack Overflow as the world’s leading developer brand and fuels growth across its various business units. You are a practical, hands-on marketer who has demonstrated creativity, leadership, and a track record of driving quantitative business results.
As a “full-stack” marketer, the VP of Marketing ensures that the work product of each marketing discipline is fully developed and performing to meet business and marketing objectives. You will work closely with the GMs and CEO to set the strategic plan for the business unit and play a critical role within the Exec Team.
- Architect and refine the marketing team’s “Operating System”. Build alignment and collaboration both within the marketing team and with external partners. The VP of Marketing is responsible for the brand (across functional areas and at a company level) as well as our current functional areas:
- Product Marketing
- Inbound Marketing (digital and content)
- Funnel Marketing (includes B2C, B2B, PR and Communication)
- Ensure that the product marketing organization is working in lock-step with GMs and product leaders to articulate a product vision, overall messaging, and partnering with the Regional Marketing teams to deliver go-to-market plans
- Drive demand and adoption of both developer products and B2B solutions
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Marketing team, working to develop leaders and identify career/growth opportunities for individuals
- Level up the overall sophistication of marketing capabilities and systems, striving to build process and infrastructure that is both world-class and cutting edge
- Create a data-driven approach that allows the team to be accountable, effective, and results-oriented
- Report regularly on standard KPIs across functional areas, specifically performance and ROI
- Support marketing leaders’ internal and customer-facing campaigns
What you’ll need to have:
- 8-10 years of in-house marketing experience in the tech industry or at a marketing/ad agency focusing on tech clients
- Experience and comfort working with senior leadership to set strategy and be a strong voiced for the marketing department
- Strong management experience leading teams and executing marketing campaigns that are part of multi-channel marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations
- A track record of accomplishments
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment without a lot of direction or oversight
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement