VP of Marketing
A strategic leader who oversees marketing strategies and efforts in order to strengthen sbe’s market position and achieve desired business goals. As part of the executive team, the VP of Marketing leads culture and operational initiatives by leading with integrity and professionalism through planning, implementation and evaluation of all marketing activities including positioning, placement, advertising, digital media and public relations.
The VP of Marketing, West Coast will be extraordinarily driven to deliver innovative, world-class campaigns that drive increased brand awareness for sbe and C3 by sbe. This position will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and story ideas based on culture, insights, trends, and data. We require a team player who projects confidence, a positive attitude, good judgement and grace under pressure; and someone who has the ability to think both creatively and strategically.
VP of Marketing oversees the Marketing Department in Los Angeles and works in collaboration to the East Coast Marketing team.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Develops strategic marketing plans and establish annual marketing budgets through the review of competitive data, demand analysis, and market mix management.
- Formulate, implement and assess the success of traditional and digital marketing and public relations strategies for all new restaurant openings.
- Leverages sbe/C3 brands to create partnership opportunities to enhance and increase brand awareness and reach.
- On-Property Experiences: Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations.
- Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and product concepts.
- For hotel and partner properties, cultivate and manage partner relationships for effective collaboration in developing and implementing marketing and public relations strategies and campaigns
- Drive marketing initiatives with the specific objective of increasing sales in, and customer traffic to, the sbe/C3 brands and operations.
- Provide direction to public relations team members in their coordination and review of public relation plans developed internally and externally on all projects.
- Oversee and direct strategy as pertains to social media channels, social media marketing plans, social media consultants and creates engagement plans and opportunities for growth.
- Aid in new business development via participation in pitch meetings, brainstorms, idea generation, staffing discussions and more.
- Passion and pride for your work.
- Ability to stay ahead of the curve, up to date, and have your finger on the pulse of latest trends and sales best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
- Balanced combination of being collaborative and being able to take the initiative and run with a project.
- Strong understanding of consumer trends across lifestyle and entertainment, as well as deep understanding of the evolving media landscape.
- Fundamental understanding of Integrated Marketing tactics.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being flexible enough to pivot quickly if needed.
- Comfortable with risk-taking to challenge and question the status quo.
- 10+ years of Marketing experience
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills (outreach plans, general proofreading, pitch development, media materials, strategy documents, decks).
- Strong and confident leadership.
- Results-driven, continually raises the bar. Delivers both quality and quantity.
- Strong and consistent problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic thinker who gets stuff done.
- Consistent and impressive track-record of creative and innovative PR campaigns with tangible, standout results.
- Social media and influencer campaign experience.
- Experience developing an effective executive profiling strategy.
- Ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations.
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States.
Education / Experience / Credentials
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in field with working knowledge of marketing disciplines. It is the employee's responsibility to secure and maintain current status of all required certificates, licenses, or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies.
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language.