VP of Marketing
8 - 10 years experience • e-Commerce
AutoAnything.com is a San Diego-based ecommerce Company that merges the high-speed lane of custom automotive accessories and performance parts with cutting-edge internet technology and industry-leading customer service. We are one of 150 of the largest ecommerce companies in the USA. We are looking for ambitious, hungry and hardworking entrepreneurial candidates to help us build something special. We are a “bottoms up” organization and believe every single person is a key contributor to the success of the Company. If you like to thrive in a challenging and innovative environment – we want you on our Team.
We are looking for a Vice President of Marketing to join our dynamic Team!
Why is the Vice President of Marketing important at AutoAnything?
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for providing exceptional leadership and strategic vision to create and fulfill demand (i.e. traffic) for AutoAnything by applying demonstrated tactics across branding, content, creative, advertising, direct, channel, event and onlinemarketing. The primary objective of this role is to own business outcomes related to marketing activities by utilizing the talent and experience of the team while influencing macro-level decisions among peers in the Executive Committee.
- Lead and manage the following responsibilities and/or departments: Direct Marketing, OnlineMarketing, Content, Creative services, Analytics and Social Media
- Create and maintain annual marketingbudget and forecasts
- Lead the evolution of marketing at AutoAnything.com by merging existing excellence in channel optimization, technical and direct response marketing with a fully integrated brand and consumer-centric approach that delivers against long-term growth goals
- Establish core marketing principles that evolve how the business approaches the marketing mix, in particular, better understanding who existing customers are and who future customers will be
- Lead research to develop formalized customer segments and buyer personas for the existing customer base, and make efforts to identify future buyer personas based on the company’s growth objectives
- Execute an effective content marketingstrategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives
- Bring branding efforts to full fruition though building out a complete brandingarchitecture based on both the company’s brand positioning and its long-term customer vision
- Bridge the gap between branding and customer persona deliverables and their practical application in our marketing programs – personalization in particular
- Lead the organization’s evolving promotional strategy to optimize for EBIT goals, taking into consideration existing budgets, forecasts and vendor relations
- Create new ideas for branding, advertisingcampaigns and marketing messages
- Develop an understanding of the technical capabilities and limitations tied to marketing programs and how they relate to the larger strategy you provide
- Provide value and leadership to the marketing team through leveraging its strengths and talents while developing and challenging it in new ways
- Lead change at an organizational level that impacts marketing and business outcomes as part of the company’s Executive Committee, with input from your team and stakeholders throughout the business
- Own the channel mix and attribution of channel relationships at AutoAnything. This will require a keen understanding of analytics and channel and customer flows.
- Own testing and innovation in marketing for the company. What should we be focused on? Where are our weaknesses and strengths? How can we improve?
OTHER DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:
- You respect and share our values
- You are resourceful and can help relieve even the most difficult obstacles to make your teammates succeed. You want to be helpful
- You love working with teams of smart and driven people who are excited to solve challenging problems
- You exhibit dogged determination to get to the root of the problem
- You have a desire to hire people smarter than you.
- You care about best practices and evangelizing them with the team
- You love helping people achieve their goals, both personal and professional
- You have a high emotional intelligence and have a knack for recognizing your own and other teammates’ emotions and are able to use that information to help you shape good judgement in your teams and teammates
- You can clearly convey your thoughts, enjoy sharing what you’ve done and can cater your message to audience
- 4+ years of Marketingexperiencepreferred
- 2+ years of Senior Management experiencepreferred
- A strong leader with a history of developing high-performing teams
- A strong background in data driven digital marketing
- A strong background in analytics and data
- Brand development experience is a plus
- A proven track record of achieving high growth targets in companies
- Experience structuring sales goals and profit expectations
- Ability to think creatively and find a path to success when no one else seems to be able to
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence win-win outcomes
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing acquisition and retention strategies
- Strong understanding of customer lifetime value and the concept of defining proper customer cohorts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to crunch data quickly and effectively due to having a love for excel or other data mining tools
Desired but not required
- Experience at Internet Retailer Top 300 organization or equivalent knowledge
- On hands experience with various marketing technologies (AdWords, adCenter, FB power editor, ESPs, Affiliate networks like CJ or Linkshare, display retargeting solutions and more)
- On hands experience with analytics solutions (Adobe/Omniture analytics, Google analytics, Core metrics or other)
AutoAnything.com offers a fun working environment and a competitive total compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO (vacation), Sick, FSA, DCAP, Supplemental Insurance through AFLAC and a 401k with generous matching contributions. Additional Company paidbenefits include EAP, LTD and Life Insurance.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.