Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands of fans around the world. Loot Crate is one of the top subscription box services in the world spanning pop culture, gaming, anime and sports. We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious people who cultivate our ever-growing global community of fans and provide support of the highest caliber. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
The VP Marketing will lead all efforts in driving innovative and cost-effective marketing strategies designed to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and referrals. You will provide a vision around integrated marketing planning and drive data-driven insights for all business units within an agile a fast moving environment.
These responsibilities will fall into three core components:
- Define Loot Crate’s strategic marketing planning by leading a team driving daily marketing functions and long-term overall marketing vision for the company.
- Coordinating and execute marketing initiatives with partners through developing a data-driven marketing team and partnering with our data science team to achieve maximum impact and efficiency.
- Optimize Loot Crate’s revenue funnel by adapting marketing programs across multiple business lines and internal and external stakeholders (licensors, partners, manufacturing, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic, technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to grow Loot Crate’s user base exponentially year over year. The VP of Marketing will oversee a growing team while working cross-functionally with engineering, design, data science, product management, operations, and marketing to design and execute growth initiatives.
- Generate demand: The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in demand generation at scale. Experience leading a performance marketing team is essential to be able to drive acquisition across all Loot Crate channels and maintain an efficient, consistent and high ROI. Ability to establish tracking and data analytics frameworks to define and execute a customer journey roadmap to optimize user onboarding is required.
- Retention and Engagement: The ideal candidate will lead the team in developing advanced lifecycle marketing programs to drive higher LTV and reduce churn by executing programs around cross sell, loyalty, referral and and pricing changes. They will leverage customer insights to develop strategy, positioning, and provide feedback cross-functionally and work closely with platform and technology teams to manage the execution of A/B tests across all channels including but not limited to e-mail, web, mobile and customer feedback surveys.
- Performance: The candidate will have responsibility for the overall marketing budget and all key performance metrics related to marketing ROI performance across all channels. Ultimately, he/she will be responsible for driving profitable growth from all areas of marketing across the Loot Crate ecosystem including Loot Vault, our e-commerce online outlet. The candidate will work closely with the brand, product and technology teams to continually optimize the referral system and increase engagement from existing user base. The candidate will be required to prepare and progress against marketing metrics, sales and performance goals to cross functional teams, groups and management.
- Think Looter First: Loot Crate has built a loyal and passionate following that engages every month with our recurring, specialty and one-off subscription boxes. deeply values the community of donors that engage in the experiences and merchandise we offer to fans around the globe. The candidate will understand that putting Looters first is central to everything we do in the stories we tell and the way we inspire as a brand.
- Manage a world-class team: As leader the candidate will support and guide marketing goals with the support of an extraordinary team and contribute to the overall culture of the company. Their vision for the team growth will be reflected in the organizational structure of the team they manage, develop and nurture to accomplish measurable, consistent and relevant.
- 7+ years of marketing experience driving ongoing acquisition and performance leveraging data analytics at well-known consumer companies; ideally in a startup and/or eCommerce environment.
- Ability to show how you successfully iterated on a variety of marketing challenges to drive acquisition and performance experiments, lessons learned along the way, how it performed and how you would improve next time given a similar set of circumstances.
- Current understanding of the high-growth consumer-driven environments and growth strategies at top companies such as Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Netflix, Warby Parker, Lyft, Postmates, etc.
- Experience with segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Strong track record of developing innovative and meaningful meaningful campaigns in an entrepreneurial and fast moving environment.
- Strong skills with management of large database, customer segmentation, and transformation of data into actionable insights.
- Experience developing marketing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis on marketing performance with a strong emphasis on quantitative/analytical skills.
- MBA preferred.