Reporting to the CTO, the Head of Infrastructure Services must apply exceptional focus, leadership, and technical expertise to ensure efficient provision of infrastructure services, in alignment with the Company's financial goals and technology strategy. This position will be one of the top senior leaders on the Technology Services team and will identify, implement, and support cost effective, reliable data centers and platforms that underpin the applications and data Epiq uses to provide services to our clients.
- Lead and manage the following global infrastructure teams: Storage & Data Protection, Server Engineering, Network, Directory Services, Document Review Technical Services.
- Ensure all operational activities comply with enterprise (Epiq), industry (ITIL, ITSM, ISO), and where appropriate government standards, and all internal and client facing SLAs.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on data center asset utilizations, SLAs, and KPIs.
- Ensure availability, security, and reliability of client facing systems and applications, in alignment with business SLAs.
- Provide superior technology leadership in response to any critical incidents or major business/client impacting events.
- Ensure that all critical production processes and technologies that impact business operations are properly monitored.
- Lead infrastructure capacity planning and ensure that the infrastructure keeps pace with the company's business growth. Assess needs and develop long-term goals for all data center architecture(s).
- Define requirements, design and implement redundant systems, and maintain policies and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving, to ensure effective protection and integrity of all data center assets.
- Partner with application teams, security teams and enterprise architects to create and maintain a secure, stable, scalable, manageable, and predictable infrastructure.
- Represent the infrastructure function as necessary on project teams and various other policy-establishment and decision-making forums.
- Work with various departments on Merger & Acquisition initiatives. Assist with due diligence, develop financial synergy plans, and lead the creation of integration and infrastructure consolidation plans.
- Develop and maintain staffing strategy, including tiered operations and permanent staff, to ensure complete, efficient coverage of global datacenter operations.
- Promote a supportive and collaborative working climate that results in a highly-engaged workforce.
- Promote Epiq's cultural values in a manner resulting in a positive, client-focused, team-oriented, and results-driven team.
- Effectively develop and manage the department budget including forecasts, cost models, capital, and headcount investments.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and technology improvements, and translate important advances into unique and differentiating platforms and services.
- 15+ years of IT experience, with 10 years or more managing personnel.
- Experience managing suppliers/vendors that provide IT products and services.
- Capability for managing multiple concurrent projects with critical deadlines and cross-organizational dependencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills which offer a confident, inspirational, and personalized executive presence.
- Personal buy-in to Epiq's cultural values with a passion for associates, clients, products and services.
- Strategic and operational strength through consistent execution, speed, decisiveness, and risk taking.