VP of Implementation Services
The VP of Professional Services will be responsible for all facets of the implementation life-cycle process. This includes initial build-out of professional services implementation process and adhering to the implementation methodology. Managing a team of implementation analysts and customer expectations. Setting delivery milestones, and delivering an end-product and referenceable experience that will keep our customers as ‘raving fans’ that allows them to drive loan volume and increased profits with the platform.
Strategy and Planning:
- As a member of the senior management team, identify opportunities and risks essential for the delivery of the platform product and services.
- This includes managing scope creep, identifying of opportunities for innovation as well as technical obstacles to business success.
- Work alongside the Engineering, Sales, and Product Management teams to identify and communicate product enhancements required to satisfy the needs of our customer base.
- Build the professional services organization to address the needs of our customers. Identify bottlenecks in the process and develop a strategy to streamline the process.
- Develop implementation tracks for different sized customers and for clients with different integration needs.
- Manage the Professional Services team – includes hiring and firing decisions, staffing assignments, staff growth & development, performance reviews, and workload balancing.
- Mentor new hires and junior resources.
- Develop and implement a professional services training program.
- Serve as the escalation point to customers. Resolve issues and build confidence amongst the team.
- Grow and further enhance the implementation methodology.
- Review monthly billable time, prepare professional services invoice details, and ensure any invoice questions are expeditiously addressed.
- Serve as the overall Account Manager for all large and/or strategic implementations
- Ensure that time tracking and status reporting are completed in a timely and methodical manner.
- Ensure high quality project deliverables are delivered to customers on agreed upon target dates.
- Resolve issues promptly with customers and team members.
- Implement and “sell” change requests when necessary.
- Ensure customers are provided the proper level of support and are “referenceable” following a successful implementation.
- Ensure that all configurations are implemented to the blueprint (functional specification).
- Work with customers to develop go-live press releases.
Third Party/Partner Management:
- Manage implementation third party vendors/partner relationships. Ensure services are properly scoped and executed to quality standards at least equal to what we would provide if doing the implementations directly.
- For product integration partners, ensure that the service is utilized properly on customer implementations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding and experience in the Banking software/SaaStechnology space.
- Can quickly learnbanking/lending environment to build confidence in the team’s credibility with prospects and new customers.
- Experience managing a professional services organization. A project management background is critical.
- Experience developing a custom implementation methodology and growing that methodology as the team’s capabilities grow.
- Proven ability to work with new software products and “figure out” how to implement and make it work for customers.
Banking Software / SaaS
- Experience implementing banking enterprise or SaaS software in either a consulting, financial institution or software company.
- Proven ability to work across and between departments within an organization.
- Proven working relationship with executive management, sales, product development, third party vendors and client success.
- Understanding of an open source technical stack and how the layers work together.
- Experience designing custom software modules. Proven ability to interpret customer requirements into software design. Ability to provide hands-on guidance on the technical configuration of the platform for customers.
- Understanding of data center and hosting infrastructure
- Whatever it takes mentality – 24x7 service mindset
- Ability to properly set expectations around bug remediation and delivery timeframes
- 5-7years of senior management experience as a member of a firm’s leadership team
- Four-year university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems, business or other related IT/Business discipline. An advanced degree or MBA is a plus
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate and present both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment