Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the HR department including recruitment, training/development, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, HRIS, HR administration, compensation, and benefit administration. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives. Supports GM in driving HR/Business initiatives.
- Responsible for the strategic human resource planning and continuous improvement to provide the Company with the best people talent available and to position the Company as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices, and trends within the gaming and racing industries.
- Develops programs that enhance the performance of property team members relative to service initiatives and engagement planning.
- Ensures that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM.
- Participates in the development of the property's strategic logics to include plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as they impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the property
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the property for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the Company.
- Conducts and oversees effective, thorough and objective investigations in cases of grievances, harassment, employee concerns or EEOC issues.
- Develops programs to allow the property to embrace applicants and employees of all ethnicity/backgrounds and enhance development and performance of all employees.
- Establishes credibility throughout the property with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the property. Included in this area, but not limited to, would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Maintains current knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Provides technical advice, knowledge, and support to others within and outside the human resources department.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested by the property General Manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Oversee Human Resources and Wardrobe departments.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- Master’s degree in human resources, business or related field from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry experiencepreferred.
- PHR or SPHR professional designation preferred.
- Ten years of progressive experience in human resources, with at least three years’ experience at a senior/executive level, including recruitment, training, benefit administration, compensation, and employee/labor relations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Prior experience in high volume recruiting, experience developing and leading HR teams with a business partner model and prior experience with property/company openings preferred.
- Must have experience working in a union environment and taken part in negotiations with the union, if applicable.
- Strong analytical skill and accounting skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to research and gather data from internet and other sources, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, theories, and practice of human resources management.
Job ID 2017-44633