The Vice President of People Operations requires a proactive, innovative, and critical-thinking Human Resources leader who will drive cultural transformation and lead the conversation about change with staff and internal stakeholders. They will do so by improving recruiting in a tough labor environment, building our talent bench, and top-grading the organization. They will also guide the company culture towards a more engaged, collaborative, and proactive workplace by inspiring team members to achieve their stretch goals. They are responsible for cultivating, motivating, and retaining the right talent at all levels and will be the “Chief Arbitrator” of all things people and culture. Importantly, the VP is a key member of the Executive Team, and as such wears two hats: one as a leader of their team and the other as one of the top leaders in the organization. The Vice President of People Operations will succeed by implementing a scalable organizational design that promotes growth; improving recruiting in a tough labor market; building a human resources team to achieve departmental goals; developing training programs that empower our employees to advance their careers; creating a replicable talent acquisition strategy; fostering an incredible culture that employees are excited to be a part of, and serving as a key partner with the CEO. We are seeking to interview, hire, and onboard this position by Q1 2022 with an experienced leader that is excited by NetGain’s long-term growth potential and mission.
- Lead a talent acquisition and management strategy that finds, develops, and retains the best professional and technical talent in our regions. Competition for talent is fierce and the IT services industry is a high-paced, demanding career with a ton of upside to grow one’s career. The VP of People Operations is required to work with the leadership teams across the company to ensure we provide a good home for employees.
- Develop and implement consistent feedback, training, and development systems for employees. It’s important that our employees understand how to win in their role. To provide the best experience possible, it’s expected that the VP of People Operations creates avenues for leadership to provide consistent feedback, implements processes for employees to understand how to grow in their careers, and provides recurring training and development opportunities to support the needs of the business and the employee.
- Foster a culture that reflects our core values & consistently lives, measures, and understands employee engagement at all levels in the company to help drive retention. Our goal is to be the workplace of a lifetime, meaning we want to provide a great home for individuals to start a career, stay with the organization to continue growing in their career, and eventually retire from years of service with NetGain. We strive to build a culture where employees feel valued and heard, and that their best interests are considered in every decision we make. It’s important to keep a pulse on where we stand against those goals, which is why we measure ourselves against an eNPS survey on a quarterly basis and continually ask for feedback from our team.
- Hold incredibly high standards for the onboarding of acquired organizations and their teams. NetGain continues to grow rapidly through acquisitions. The VP of People Operations partners with the CEO to welcome new organizations and their employees to the NetGain family and ensure a mutually successful partnership poised for continued growth and success.
- Inspire, train, and mentor your team members to address the human capital issues of the organization proactively and creatively. For the VP of People Operations to be successful, they must have the ability to effectively manage their own team. In many ways, the tone for the organization is set by the tone of the members inside the human capital team. The right candidate must demonstrate a track record of holding teams accountable, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of their teammates, designing strategies to maximize them, and possessing the ability to be a player/coach who can contribute directly but also can delegate, teach and quarterback the team for the win.
- Run your business unit in a financially disciplined manner by leveraging effective cost controls. Run your department in a way that helps the organization operate in a cost-efficient manner. The VP of People Operations must understand workforce costs and how to talk about human capital in terms of the business to ensure we met the goals of our clients, employees, and shareholders.
GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced quantitative skills, complemented by intellectual curiosity
- Experience with human resources reporting, KPIs, and metric optimization
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong initiative, problem-solving skills, ownership, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Ability to motivate a team of diverse individuals
- Familiarity with human relations best practices, tools, and platforms
- Ability to understand, manage, and negotiate with benefits providers, tool providers, and service providers
- Demonstrated experience engaging critical legal and HR resources when necessary
- Authentic – gains the trust of others and consistently acts with integrity
- Comfort with ambiguity – leads organization through instability, possesses the ability to make rational decisions during unpredictable times