Astreya is a rapidly growing next generation services and solutions company. Utilizing innovations in information technology, Astreya fuels the digital transformation for customers in over 30 counties. We employ a network of over 900 talented IT and support professionals worldwide.
Astreya is a privately held, profitable technology company headquartered in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Astreya also has an office in Manila, Philippines and entities in Europe and Asia.
Working at Astreya is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest digital minds around the globe. Our culture is fast-paced, innovative, casual and fun. We believe in a strong, cross-functional team-oriented culture, highly collaborative and people focused, and we want to recruit other like-minded transformational experts who enjoy the same.
The VP of Human Resources is responsible for being the voice of the people in our organization, directing the long term strategy for retention of a high quality professional services talent pool, defining efficient and scalable operations, design and implementation of HRIS strategy and tools, and ensuring our rewards and measurement systems support the company growth objectives.
The VP of HR will drive the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Astreya.
He or she will be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry, in local regions, and with defined clients.
The VP of HR will also ensure that company culture and values are defined, adopted and manifested throughout company practices.
TASKS AND CAPABILITIES SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops competitive benchmarking and other processes to ensure our compensation and benefits programs provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Drives definition of programs to identify top talent in the organization to groom for growth and broader responsibilities, and ensures succession planning processes are in place for key leadership and staff roles.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include succession planning programs, training and development programs, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Promote awareness of best practices to reduce attrition, and proactively manage employee engagement.
- Ensures appropriate policies adherence and management for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Defines the HRIS human resource information systems strategy to support efficient scaling of all HR operations, and develops metrics to measure, communicate and trigger actionable recommendations to the management and executive teams.
- Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Manage the strategy for global support as the company grows and ensures the people, process and technologies are in place to safeguard our people assets and provide service to our employee base.
- BA/BS; Master's Degree preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- 15+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core competencies include, but not limited to: Business Acumen, Communication, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Ethical Practice, Global & Cultural Awareness, HR Expertise, Leadership & Navigation, Relationship Management & Supervisory Responsibility.
- Must be proficient in all office products (Microsoft Office, Google)
- Proven experience in high growth operational roles where workflow management, process efficiency and quality are critical to success
- Collaborative, proven expertise as a trusted and valued business partner
- Hands on yet able to scale into strategic discussions and set strategy with an eye toward pragmatic execution
- Transparent, high integrity, sense of humor appropriately applied, balanced perspective to represent human resource considerations with an eye toward optimizing both business and employee considerations
- Problem resolution skills key
- Must be systems savvy, data driven and experience with assessment and implementation of HRIS strategies is a strong plus
- Leadership Training expertise a plus but not required
- Experience in high tech, professional services organization with high growth a plus
- Ability to manage across globally dispersed time zones and capable of establishing effective management cadence and metrics for measurement and performance improvement
- Compensation levelling and total compensation planning skills a plus; ability to define creative incentive options to attract and retain top talent
- Play to Win vs. Play to Not Lose; challenges the status quo.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Years of Experience(Minimum)