New York, NY
Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
Not Specified years
Posted 81 days ago
The Foundling seeks an experienced human resources professional to lead a team of 18 who will be responsible for providing a full spectrum of human resource services to nearly 2,000 employees across all five boroughs of New York City; Westchester, Orange and Rockland Counties; and Puerto Rico. The Foundling has staff across seven commercial sites, 42 centers in Puerto Rico, and more than 40 residential homes for individuals with developmental disabilities. Reporting to the COO and working in collaboration with the COO and other business operations functions, the VP is a key member of the team ensuring the organization achieves excellent outcomes for the children, families, and adults it serves. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned manager and a creative thought leader with a customer service/continuous improvement orientation. The efficient and effective recruitment and retention of front-line staff will be a key area of focus.
· Collaborate with senior leadership team to drive a comprehensive people management agenda and set HR strategic direction and operational plans.
· Be an idea-generator who is constantly thinking of ways that human resources can better meet the needs of a wide array of program areas, then make those ideas a reality.
· Maintain strong relations with division leaders to ensure that talent management processes and practices are in alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Foster and support a performance-based culture.
General HR Administration
· Direct and execute day-to-day operational HR functions, including labor and union relations, compliance, and personnel administration.
· Strengthen the supports necessary to ensure that the organization is adhering to the highest ethical standards and practices.
· Collaborate with legal counsel to execute, audit, and maintain policies and regulatory requirements.
Recruitment and Onboarding
· Oversee and enhance an organization-wide strategy for recruiting and onboarding a high-quality and diverse workforce.
· Implement effective processes for staff screening and selection.
· Promote a work environment that establishes The Foundling as an employer of choice.
· Work with the HR team to creatively leverage technology to enhance staff recruitment and retention at all levels of the organization.
Training and Development
· Collaborate with organizational leadership, Training and Development, and the HR team to create and implement consistently excellent onboarding and ongoing training programs that focus on key competency areas and foster professional development at all levels of the organization.
· Provide specialized training for managers and prospective managers.
· Counsel and coach managers on employee performance and discipline issues and promote an engaged and positive culture.
· Appropriately investigate and resolve grievances and complaints, while balancing issues of health, safety, and organizational risk with creative and flexible problem-solving.
· Develop programs to strengthen staff satisfaction, engagement, and open and effective communication across the agency.
· Promote a safe and healthy work environment by continuously reviewing, updating, and enforcing workplace policies and procedure to foster an atmosphere in which employees can thrive.
Compensation and Benefits
· Manage the annual compensations process, partnering with senior leadership team to determine annual salary increases, promotions, and other compensation decisions.
· Oversee vendor negotiations and monitor benefits to ensure that they are cost-effective and support employee needs.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, entrepreneurial human resources leader who brings flexibility, transparency, and agility to their work and is able to drive the key priorities of the organization. S/he will be a smart, innovative manager able to engage, collaborate with, and effectively advise a talented, dedicated team. In addition, s/he will have:
? At least 10 years of human resources experience in a leadership position, in a majority of the key
functional areas of recruiting, performance/talent management, training and development, employee relations, and/or compensation and benefits. Demonstrated understanding of employment and labor law policies, regulations, and practices.
? An inspiring leadership style with the ability to create a cohesive team motivated to do excellent work.
? Well-honed people management skills, poised and capable of gaining the trust of the leadership and the employees while influencing positive organizational outcomes.
? Experience working in a complex environment serving a large employee population engaged in a wide
range of program and administrative activities.
? A collaborative spirit and a high level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to handle confidential
and sensitive issues with diplomacy, discretion, and integrity.
? The ability to learn and understand The New York Foundling’s many programs and the human resources challenges that have a significant impact on the organization’s ability to deliver excellent service to its clients.
? A proactive attitude toward problem-solving and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
? The ability to serve the needs of an employee population that ranges from high school graduates to MDs.
? An undergraduatedegree is required. An advanced degree in a related field is strongly preferred.