If you are Director of Hardware looking to become a VP of Engineering this could be the move for you.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering / VP of Hardware who is passionate about the mission of our company and can thrive with the demands of an early stage startup to lead our engineering team efforts.
EXPERIENCE: VP of Hardware
- 10-15 years in consumer product experience in a senior-level role.
- Experience with consumer oriented Electronics and/or medical devices is a plus.
- Previous experience managing teams responsible for high-volume consumer applications
- Strong grasp of consumer electronics product manufacturing processes
- Experience with overseas manufacturing
- Extensive experience successfully leading hardware products from concept to product launch
- Passion for attracting outstanding engineers and building a world class team
- Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Extremely quality focused
- Consistent, clear, accurate communication
- Data-driven and having a bias for action
- Enthusiastic and motivated about launching products
YOUR ROLE as VP of Hardware
- Lead the diverse engineering team through product development efforts.
- Provide high level guidance and hands-on management of all release efforts, including: electro-mechanical, hardware, embedded systems
- Develop timelines and roadmaps for current and future product development.
- You will be expected to manage the program and timelines throughout the product development process
- Execute on engineering development initiatives in a consistent and timely fashion
- Communicate regularly and accurately regarding timelines and milestones
- Recruit, mentor, and retain talented engineers to support the existing product and launch new products
- Align with the executive team to improve the development process, prioritize projects and manage multiple work streams
- Develop the long-term technical roadmap to simplify and streamline the existing technical infrastructure
- Manage team budgets and reporting metrics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year