The VP of Global Marketing serves as the strategic leader of the corporation’s overall marketing efforts overseeing: Corporate Brand Management, Product & Portfolio Development; Product Management, as well as key Clinical and Commercial Relationships. The overarching objective of this position is to drive sustainable above market revenue growth and deliver increased profitability while supporting the efforts to attain our long-range vision of shaping the future of the Energy-based Aesthetic Industry through increased Cutera brand and product awareness, greater consumer interest in Cutera procedures, and accelerated adoption of Cutera by our Core-customers and their patients.
She/he will be responsible for assessing existing and potential markets, developing specific strategies, building and executing tactical plans, aligning the organization to product/procedure demands (forecasts), and delivering the necessary support that enables the business to meet or exceed our commercial and financial goals. She/he will select, develop, and evaluate personnel, building a world-class team to deliver efficient and effective support that results in sustained above market revenue growth at better than industry average profitability.
In addition to leading the company’s marketing function, she/he will to provide cross functional support and subject matter expertise to several other functions to include: Sales, Business Development, Product Development, Clinical Research, Supply Chain and Commercial Operations. Additionally, the VP, Marketing serves as the company’s ambassador to professional societies and key opinion leaders associated with Energy-Based Device Aesthetics.
- Direct oversight:
- Product Marketing
- Product Life-cycle Management
- Brand Development / Corporate Marketing
- Commercial Promotions & Digital Marketing
- Key Opinion Leader Engagement / Management Digital
- Other Key Relationships:
- CEO and other Executive Staff Members
- Senior Leadership Team (Functional Peers)
- Sales Force. / Sales Managers / Country Leaders
- Commercial Operations / Inside Sales Team
- Professional Societies (i.e. - AAD, ASLMS)
Duties and Responsibilities:
At Cutera, the VP, Global marketing serves in several important capacities;
- Corporate Marketing Strategy: It is the responsibility of the VP, Global Marketing to establish the corporate marketing strategy and develop the necessary near-term tactics to successfully execute this plan and achieve the near-term objectives without sacrificing the long-term vision.
- Product Positioning / Portfolio Strategy: The VP, Global Marketing is responsible to leverage their market experience and insights to provide the commercial voice in setting the business’ product development priorities. Additionally, the VP Global Marketing is responsible in setting clear design and development inputs that enable our products to meet clinical needs while also providing needed differentiation.
- Product Management: The VP, Global Marketing is responsible for providing insight and guidance to their marketing team to effectively manage each product segment’s performance against business performance (growth, profitability, ROI, free cash flow generation, etc…)
- Key Relationship Management: As the senior most Marketing leader within the business, The VP, Global Marketing is the lead contact for corporate relationships. These relationships are critical in obtaining our near-term and long-term objectives and include all key clinical opinion leaders; product, segment or pathology advisory councils; external company or product spoke-person; and industry panel.
- Collaborate with senior leadership team (peers) to design and deliver an aligned marketing strategy which will achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- Development and implementation of specific downstream marketing programs and campaigns which achieve the company’s revenue and profitability objective(s).
- Develop product line specific management plans inclusive of competitive positioning, indication expansion and go-to-market changes
- Build and mentor marketing team, attracting top talent and developing high performance leaders.
- Develop and implement a KPI (key performance indicator) dashboard that measure the value of marketing investments; ability to quickly analyze data to determine ROI and change course accordingly.
- Select and direct internal marketing communication and product management teams and outside vendors and agencies to ensure that all marketing programs and materials are produced on time and within budget.
- Direct strategy and implementation for professional meetings, tradeshows and user groups, include podium and adjunct event programs.
- Lead Clinical Support and Development to establish priorities to provide clinical evidence and claims for current and developing products.
- Utilize knowledge gained from experiences, market research and input from the medical community to develop co-marketing programs, sales programs and support materials to increase the sales of current products, as well as to provide input to Program Management for future products and/or enhancements.
- Establish priorities, identify new product opportunities, improvements and modifications to existing product lines. Collaborate to determine transition of products from upstream to downstream marketing. Oversee product launches.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other functions in the company, key opinion leaders, agencies and other industry executives.
- Provide regular communication to cross functional groups on current activities and priorities.
- Comply with Cutera’s quality system requirements as well as any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, policies, and work practices.
- Monitor industry trends and external environment relative to Cutera’s products.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Measures of Success:
- Revenue (Growth rate):
- Improved Profitability (GM and Adj. EBITDA)
- Customer Engagement (Net Promoter Score)
- Global Brand Awareness (Patients and Customers)
- Global Market Share / Penetration
- BS/BA or degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 20+ years of marketing experience in a globally dispersed and highly diverse environment.
- 10+ years of experience in global aesthetics required; specific experience with Energy-based Aesthetics using a capital + recurring revenue stream would be preferred.
- Prior experience with specific applications in Body Sculpting, Face and Skin Rejuvenation and Acne are highly desired.
- Specific Aesthetic Clinical experience a benefit.
- Track record of successfully growing teams and business in competitive markets.
- Ability to building relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the Aesthetic space, capable of articulating the company strategy and laying out key elements of our portfolio and go-to-market plans intended to transform the business over the next few years.
- Strong strategic and execution skills.
- Strong leader who can inspire people to take action and accept accountability, incite in them a sense of purpose and enthusiasm, and instill trust and credibility within and among teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent analytical and organizational skills necessary
- Must be able to work onsite at Headquarter Office (Brisbane, California location)
- Ability to travel at 25% of time.