The VP of Fintech Software Engineering will lead and oversee the software development efforts of key products in the TNS Fintech division. The selected candidate will lead the development and engineering team in the continuous development, improvement, deployment and support of 3 keys suite of software stack. It consists in TNS suit of web applications, suit of payment software solution and finally a full suit of telecommunication software and hardware used as the foundation of the TNS global payment network.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instill and drive a delivery focused culture while promoting a creative and high performing environment. Provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to the development team.
- Lead the teams and continuously strive to improve the processes
- Work closely with the different groups to map the priorities, define the scopes, efforts and deliver on the agreed timeframe.
- Keep the team focus to the end goal in this fast pace environment where priorities shifts are a norm.
- Refine and continuously improve the development process to assist in the evaluation of the impact a change in priorities has on the current roadmap and approved projects.
- Implement/improve and adhere to a culture of CI/CD methodology.
- Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Work closely with the product, architectural, Security and DevOPS teams to ensure a seamless product life cycle is achieved.
- Develop short and long-range strategic software architectural vision and implement that vision
- Cultivate strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders and lead the effort to leverage emerging technologies for addressing strategic enterprise goals.
- Establish key performance metrics and goals for all team members.
- Implement solutions including specification, evaluation, testing, integration and deployment of additional solutions as requested.
- Administer and maintain departmental operating and capital budgets in compliance with company directives and timelines in order to deliver against product road map
- Optimize software development costs and staffing levels in order to support development surges while minimizing idle time
- Manage the outsourcing relationship
- Continuously improve TNS software security posture.
- 10+ years direct management responsibility overseeing software engineering/development preferably using Agile as a software methodology
- 15 +years of experience in software development related field.
- 7+ years software engineering experience around Web Development
- 7+ years software engineering experience around telecommunication/network solutions
- 7+ years software engineering experience around payment applications (Experience in the Payment industry, payment transaction life cycle. PCI, EMV, 3DS…)
- Proven track record of managing more than 20 projects at the time with continuous change in priorities.
- Proven experience in managing teams working on different OS (Linux, Window), Databases (SQL, PostgreSQL.) and various programming languages while adhering to a set of standards.
- Experience in standardization of the development stack and processes.
- Proven and documented track record of developing and supporting multiple custom webservers including exposing API interfaces.
- Proven experience around HSM, encryption, and securing hardware and software
- Experience in Realtime or embedded programming or managing embedded applications
- Experience managing projects within specific schedule and cost structures
- Experience with managing a support and/or devops team focusing in deploying the service and handling support escalations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Full Stack developer experience at some point in the past
- Experience with Docker, Containers, Microservice
- Experience with development, deployment of solution that are cloud agnostic solutions.
- Experience in supporting customers in different continents.
- Familiarity with software architecture methodology.
- Experience with C programming language and Linux kernel
- Contributed in the open source community.
Education and Certifications:
- BS/BA in related discipline required (i.e., Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems) MS/MBA is preferred
We have been delivering industry-leading solutions for the payments, financial and telecommunications industries since 1990. We are the preferred supplier of networking, integrated data and voice services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers.
We are a privately held company with a healthy balance sheet, secure assets and a loyal customer base that includes some of the largest global blue-chip companies in the world. Many of the world’s leading companies continue to count on us as their primary provider of a range of networking and communication services, enabling them to expand regionally, nationally and globally. We provide services to customers in over 60 countries throughout the world.
We manage some of the largest real-time community networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply and securely interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. Our existing footprint supports millions of connections and provide access to critical databases. Our network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for "one-to-many" and "many-to-many"connections over a global platform.
Since our launch we have helped our customers and communities of interest, requiring secure and reliable communications solutions, to evolve from legacy to leading-edge technologies. Today the company provides a full range of services from dedicated connections to managed IP network solutions, providing local support and global reach to medium and large enterprises and service providers.
Applicants are encouraged to submit an electronic resume when applying for our positions. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.