Family owned commercial and residential real estate firm in NJ needs:
VP of Finance (Real Estate)
- overseeing properties in New Jersey and Florida performing our own leasing, property management, real estate acquisitions, and new construction and development.
- The VP of Finance is an important strategic resource to the company reporting directly into the President of the company
- manage finance and accounting providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist the President, ownership and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
- preparing financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines.
- identifying and preventing discrepancies and establishing control systems.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting and finance operations, including supervision of the accounting staff
- Drive the integrity and timeliness of the month-end financial close process and production of monthly financial statements
- Oversight for all financial functions including maintaining general ledger accounts, tenant collections, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and AP function
- Manage journal entries, review monthly bank reconciliations, and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for the financial close process
- Work directly with lender relationships on the preparation and timely submission of compliance related items;
- Partner withconstruction management team in the preparation of monthly construction draw packages
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and establish best practices
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Development of system controls to ensure data integrity
- Facilitate and assist the annual tax preparation process
- Ad-hocfinancialreporting and analysis as required.
- MUST have experience working with a privately owned boutique real estate property management firm
- Experience partnering with and/or reports into company owners
- must have in-depth understanding of mortgages, acquisitions, dispositions and treasuries.
- 5+ years experience refinancing a mortgage end to end (underwriting, banking and attorney relationships)
- Boutique firm, Small company: Minimum 5+ years is required
- Real Estate Mortgage experience: 10+ years is required
- Leasing: 8+ years is required
- Finance: 10+years is required
- Bachelor's Degree is required
BASE SALARY 200K
Please email your resume in WORD format along with your current base salary requirements ASAP!