The VP of Finance and Operations focuses on ensuring IVY maintains efficient and effective financial and operating systems and processes, high service levels and accountability across its core business functions while continuously seeking to improve resource utilization.
You will manage the financial operations (accounting, FP&A, business analytics and legal) and you will be empowered to develop and implement best practices and scalable processes for IVY.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of IVY’s leadership team, you will provide support to the CEO in the area of strategic business planning, strategic financial management, budgetary analysis and reporting
- Serve as the architect of systems that facilitates high-quality planning, execution, and workflow across departments.
- Monitor and maintain metrics pertaining to staffing levels, KPIs, OKR's, expectations, and recommend appropriate pivots as needed
- Recommend and develop operational policies, procedures, and systems to meet company objectives
- Develop the financialreporting infrastructure to enable strategic decisions, ongoing analysis and performance tracking for the executive team/company
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range financial planning
- Complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability
- Full ownership of the company's financial plan (regular updates and adjustments to the detailed financial model and communication of key elements to senior management).
What We’re Looking for:
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ related experience in operations and/or financial management.
- Experience at a startup with an entrepreneurial owner and is able to translate vision into a strategy and execute.
- Experience leading a company in a transformational period (rapid development/ evolution/growth)
- An enormous appetite for detail and precision, and ability to roll-up-your-sleeves mentality and a willingness to “pitch in” and do whatever is necessary to successfully grow the business.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working cross-functionally with Operations, Sales, Events, and Product to ensure the organization is moving forward in exceeding goals.
- Strong record of success in leading business growth with significant P&L responsibility in a startup or entrepreneurial organization.
- Demonstrated passion, flexibility, and resourcefulness to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment; creativity and energy to be an agent for change.
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Unlimited Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Summer Fridays
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron area
- Dog-friendly workplace