Novus is an innovative company that is changing the way the world invests. We are a high growth, disruptive technology firm bringing big data analytics to the alternative investment industry. Our platform enables investors to consistently maximize their performance potential through discovery of true investment acumen and risk, proprietary industry insights and expertise, and effortless data management and enlightenment.
We are now searching for a brilliant leader to serve as an integral member of our management team who will develop our financial management strategy and help us to execute our organization's strategic goals.
We operate in an industry in which over $120 Trillion is invested annually on behalf pension / endowment / sovereign funds, and private investors / family offices. And yet, the lack of data intelligence and insight results in much of that money being invested based purely on historic track record, with little transparency into performance acumen and / or risk management. This is our challenge and our purpose: to help investors make better investments. And in doing so, we aim to provide the single network on which trusted professionals will engage, promote, and manage their business. In short, we want to help the world invest better.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for managing all things finance and accounting at Novus. This person will report to our Chief Executive Officer and will be a key contributor to our growing business. The ideal candidate would be a strong team player and have previously managed small yet fast-paced teams. They will be a reliable resource to maintain our current financial operations while evaluating and improving our processes for future growth. We will need this person to fully understand our industry and enjoy a quickly evolving business. They will be a trusted leader but also enjoy digging in and getting their hands dirty.
- Financial reporting and analysis including internal financial presentation, GAAP, investor reporting, reporting for executive team and Board
- Manage all aspects of financial planning, accounting, cash management and compliance, metrics reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Manage monthly close processes for all entities, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives that maximize shareholder value
- Work with management team to execute budgeting, forecasting, annual business plans, capital planning, valuation analysis and financial analysis
- Evaluate large vendor contracts, help with pricing and assist in negotiations
- Manage stock and option ledger along with equity tracking
- Help manage the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packing, including financial statements, KPIs and metric dashboards
- Work with the Sales and Client Management teams on revenue renewals and pricing
- Provide guidance and expertise as we expand globally
- Manage and develop long-term relationships with external auditors, bankers and other advisors
Our culture is critical to us. It's how we push ourselves every day to do better than the day before. We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities, understand how each component of our company works to generate success, and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable to the highest standards. As a result, we will enjoy talking to you if:
- You have a natural competitive drive to become the best at what you do – excellence is your top priority in the work you deliver.
- You are a natural leader but not above getting into the trenches to work with others and collaborate on the best solution to a problem
- You have a get it done attitude, can figure things out on your own and find creative ways to get the job done, on time, and at exceptional levels of quality
- You notice all the small details, but can still stay focused on the big picture and strategy
- You have a high level of integrity and exemplify excellent judgement on tough decisions
- You have a track record of working on smaller, fast-paced paced teams and your expertise exists in the fintech realm
Critical Skills / Abilities
- 7-12 years of experience preferably at a tech startup or software company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA strongly preferred
- Audit experience preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve desired company results
- Previous experience managing finance professionals
- Expert with Excel, NetSuite and Quickbooks
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Has done venture backing and/or been involved with funding round
- Fantastic analytical skills and strong communication to articulate complex issues
- Has a customer-focused background and natural ability to provide excellent support