We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right VP of Finance/Controller for one of its portfolio companies. This role will function as the top finance role in the organization. The company is a leader in the manufacturing and development of agricultural products and is enjoying continued growth. It is a fast-growing company that is well positioned for increased profitability and poised to grow even more quickly with the leadership and support of the right VP of Finance/Controller. Our private equity client partners with management to drive continued growth and value by creating a Board of Directors, strengthening the leadership team, sharpening strategy and execution, and delivering organic and acquisitive growth.
- 7+ years of progressive financial management experience and P&L responsibility.
- The ability to lead the financialforecasting and reporting aspects of the company.
- Proven success as a strategic and proactive financial advisor to the CEO.
- A hands-on leadership approach in leveraging systems and processes in order to drive significant and profitable growth.
- Intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong interpersonal skill set.
- At least three years in a top finance or Controller function.
- An undergraduatedegree in business, finance or accounting; a CPA or MBA preferred.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Finance/Controller will provide key leadership in corporate and operational financial functions, including financial and operational controls; globalization; financial systems implementation and integration; financial reporting; capital raising; planning, forecasting and analysis; cash flow; treasury; credit; risk management and audit; taxes; cost containment; working capital management; information technology; investments and corporate development.
In addition to providing financial leadership, this individual will:
- Function as a strategic business partner and key member of the executive team to drive significant and profitable growth.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting and finance functions of the company.
- Take charge of the financial and reporting aspects of the company.
- Manage cash flows in a seasonal business.
- Help drive the performance, strategic planning and growth orientation of the business.
- Maintain responsibility for the Information Technology function.
- Manage banking relationships and provide appropriate reporting.
Local candidates only. Relocation will not be supported.