The VP of Finance has the primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities for CrossCheck and all its subsidiaries. These activities include accounting and reporting, taxes and other regulatory reporting requirements, financial planning, budgeting and forecasting. As part of the executive management, the VP of Finance provides strategic support, insights and recommendations to the President and CEO and other members of the management team.
Claims and MAC (Merchant Analysis and Control) may report directly to the VP of Finance. Therefore, oversight responsibility for the risk management of our existing merchant base would fall under this position as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Strategy, Planning and Leadership
a. Act as strategic business advisor to senior executive leadership team. Communicate, engage and interact with Chairman of the Board, CEO, COO and Senior Management Team.
b. Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of organization.
c. Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
d. Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and participate in important decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational goals.
e. Recruit, interview, hire and develop finance and accounting staff and ensure that both the current and anticipated resource and skill needs of the department are met.
f. Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed necessary and appropriate by Senior Management Team.
• Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
g. Prepare and present monthly financial reports on a consolidated and stand-alone company bases, including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts.
h. Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide insights and recommendations.
i. Prepare financial analysis in support of business initiatives and strategies.
j. Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Cash Financial Management
k. Manage cash flow planning and forecast process and ensure funds availability for current and future expenditures, capital outlays and shareholder distributions.
l. Oversee all bank accounts, cash balances and security controls.
m. Maintain current and develop new banking relationships and strategic alliances.
• Compliance with Federal and State Regulatory Requirements
n. Ensure that Federal and State Income tax returns and payments are filed on time and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
o. Ensure that all other regulatory filings including: Annual Reports, Franchise taxes returns, Property Tax returns, Business Licenses, Unclaimed Property are filed on time and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Shareholder Relations
p. Serve as the Company’s front line liaison with non-employee owners, including communication and coordination for shareholder elections and consents, providing shareholder K-1’s and other tax forms, and responding to inquiries and requests regarding financial information.
q. Provide personal tax research and analysis for employee owners, support and coordination (as needed) with owners’ personal tax return preparers, and financial consultation as requested.
r. Present shareholder distribution recommendations to Board of Directors, including supporting analysis and rationale. Oversee processing of distributions, send shareholder notifications and draft BOD minutes for directors’ signatures.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to meet department attendance requirements
• Ability to work effectively under departmental pressure/stress situations
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Second level management over the Claims and Merchant Analysis and Control (MAC) departments
• Manage the Insurance needs of the Company, ensuring that the level of coverage, retention, and risk management is appropriate and meets the needs and requirements of the organization. Work with insurance brokers and agents to ensure that policies are competitively priced and placed with reputable and financially strong insurance companies.
• Performs other similar or associated duties as necessary to accomplish job objectives in an effective manner as assigned by Management or as responsibilities necessitate.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a finance-related position, including five years in a management role.
• Outstanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Working knowledge of IRS and State Income Tax requirements (preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Detail Oriented; high standards for accuracy in work products
• Exercise sound judgment
• Highly Accountable, demonstrating commitment to tasks and deadlines, excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Cohesive interpersonal and communication abilities, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality as outlined in the company’s Confidentiality Agreement
• Work well independently and as part of a team
• Convey professionalism in all day-to-day activities
CrossCheck, Inc., an established leader in the payment solutions industry, processes billions in check-transaction dollars annually throughout the United States. Since 1983, it has helped increase profits and reduce risk for businesses in verticals such as automotive, auto aftermarket, building materials, home furnishings, specialty retail, medical-dental and veterinary by providing efficient and affordable check verification, guarantee and conversion services. CrossCheck’s suite of services includes check conversion technology, web-based transactions, remote deposit capture and premium products for specific industries and applications. The company has offices in Petaluma, Calif. and Irving, Texas.
CrossCheck offers team-oriented departments and a diverse group of friendly, motivated people. We enjoy a business-casual work place, contests, events and more! CrossCheck offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k) with company match and Holiday/Sick/Vacation pay. EOE
Valid through: 10/1/2020