We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We've set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren't stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we're building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for a transformative business and finance leader to take ownership of Shift's accounting, financial planning & analysis, and strategic finance functions. Reporting directly to our CEO, you will lead the development of a world class accounting and finance org, while working in partnership with the COO in managing a P&L driven business to success.
This role requires you to balance strategic thinking with analytical rigor to evaluate, forecast, and effectively communicate the objectives of our business. The ideal candidates will have a solid foundation in financial and managerial accounting, as well as corporate finance and planning functions. We are looking for someone with experience in a business that is heavy in operations, people, and inventory.
What you'll do
- Serve as Shift's financial leader on all aspects of our business.
- Ensure that the business is well managed and driven by the P&L in partnership with our COO.
- Drive alignment, focus and efficiency across all functions with financial planning, controls and analytical insight.
- Develop, update and communicate fiscal policies and procedures, ensuring compliance, and strategic capital management.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of performance metrics, developing forecasts and reporting of operational results for ROI decisioning.
- Manage a growing corporate accounting and finance team, while serving as a cross-functional leader to the other members of the organization.
- Participating actively in decision-making as part of the senior leadership team.
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and/or financial leadership experience.
- Active CPA not required, but preferred along with Big 4 Audit foundation.
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted business partner with the ability to effectively communicate and lead business and financial decision making with key leaders and board members.
- Experience within a fast growing organization that is retail, operational or logistics-based.
- Experience in capital management and planning, including securing and using credit to buy and maintain inventory, managing relationships with banks and other lenders.