Bettcher Industries is recognized throughout the world as a leading manufacturer and supplier of food processing equipment. They’ve introduced successive designs of handheld cutting and trimming tools that are used in thousands of meat, poultry, and seafood processing plants. They also manufacture products used in the foodservice, industrial and medical sectors.
The "big red barn" along the Ohio Turnpike in Erie County, Ohio is more than an iconic landmark. It’s the home of Bettcher Industries, a distinguished member of the Northeast Ohio manufacturing community for 75 years and an international company doing business in more than 70 countries the world over. They're a true American manufacturing success story, driven by serving their customers and feeding the world. Company founder Louis A. Bettcher, Jr. was a self-made man who saw a need, and proceeded to revolutionize the industrialized food processing field.
Bettcher invests in people, not just machines. They believe people are their best asset, and many of their highly skilled employees have decades of experience working at their company. It makes for an environment where people grow in their careers while delivering top-quality products and service to their customers.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer with dotted line reporting to the President of Bettcher, the VP of Finance is a key member of the Bettcher Leadership team and a Senior leader within the RBH businesses. Working as a key business partner to the Bettcher President, the role will provide financial insight to drive strategic, operational, and corporate objectives. The VP of Finance will be an essential business partner, as well as a functional expert. Functional responsibilities include financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, financial guidance and oversight and strategic planning. Harmonizing polices, developing and managing an internal controls framework, designing, and implementing SIOP processes globally will all be core functions of this dynamic role. With a keen focus on our markets, products, manufacturing and people, the role will have responsibility to support the financials needs of all Bettcher and Exsurco team members. Leading a team of 5, the VP of Finance will be expected to foster a collaborative environment and continuously drive for individual development and performance, increasing the team’s impact on the organization.
- ·Support the development of the Strategic Plan and AOP processes and procedures to ensure alignment among the business units and optimization of the process.
- Working closely with Operations and Sales, design and manage the global S&OP process and champion global business systems designed to support operational excellence and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing, assist in the development of commercial analysis focused on developing industry insights, the application of the RBH Business system and value creation.
- Oversee projects to ensure performance requirements are being met, budgets are adhered to, and resources are being optimized. This includes developing reports, communication channels and establishing a cadence of reviews to keep senior management informed.
- Internal controls management along with Global Balance Sheet Reviews to ensure integrity of financials and business processes
- Work with senior management to ensure corporate strategies and objectives are being met. Implement RBH business system and management processes and provide senior management with intelligence to assist in decision making.
- M&A oversight and financial integration including internal controls implementation, ERP system integration/implementation and financial oversight
- Keep management informed on trends related to acquisitions as well as trends in the marketplace that would impact large projects.
- Designs and executes strategies and plans to meet company’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives through optimizing the impact of our financial and IT teams
- Develop an organization comprised of strong change agents that have the capability to optimize performance and profitability and continuously develop the Bettcher Finance and Accounting team.
- Maintain and promote compliance with all corporate requirements.
- Manage and oversee monthly Bettcher Group subsidiary financial statements including cash flows:
- Prepare and present Monthly Business Reviews
- Cash flow statements.
- Oversee the creation of Corporate rolling forecasts, coordinating the effort between Accounting, Sales, Operations, Marketing and HR
- Coordination and support of quarterly and annual tax filings and returns.
- Oversight, creation and deployment of Management and operational summaries and analysis.
- Quarterly review and reporting.
- Ad hoc Financial reporting for the Bettcher Leadership Team as needed
Financial Processes and Control Verification
- Establish, review and update as required documented business process procedures relating to financial activities;
- Manage and oversee the Balance Sheet Review process for the Bettcher and Exsurco businesses;
- Ensure that effective financial controls are in place that ensures reliable and auditable financial data and reporting;
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that critical financial controls are functioning as documented per the corporate guidelines;
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Coordinate financial budgeting with Bettcher Leadership Team and oversee entire process;
- Manage finance team and continuously look for process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy;
- Facilitate monthly financial forecasts including the balance sheet, income statement and cash flows.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CPA/MBA highly preferred
- Strong operations and discrete manufacturing experience
- Experience managing direct and indirect reports; this role has 2 direct reports
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel 10-15% with some international travel required
- Problem solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking aptitude
- Thorough knowledge of published applicable accounting and reporting standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact and build relationships with all internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proven understanding of business process and reporting flows and procedures.
Employment at Bettcher Industries is contingent upon the successfully completing both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US (I-9 form).
Bettcher Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)