VP of Finance
Our client is a market leader in Healthcare Insurance and their Accounting and Finance operations are essential to the ongoing growth and efficiency of the company. They wish to hire a VP of Finance that will provide finance leadership and oversight of all aspects of finance operations for the Business Unit.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Oversee all finance related activities for business unit including developing and monitoring progress against Annual Operating Plan
- Responsible for financial analysis, identification of month end financialdrivers, and forecasting including headcount planning to ensure compliance with state requirements
- Responsible for identifying medical cost trends and leadership of medical cost improvement initiatives
- Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations
- Review monthly performance and financial results of the business unit and provide recommendations to senior management
- Responsible for the business unit?s contribution to corporate
- Perform duties as Chief liaison between Corporate Finance and the Business Unit
- Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan
- Oversee and validate pricing models and lead initiatives to identify inefficiencies and areas of development and improvement
- Direct health plan analytical needs and coordinate reporting strategy
- May lead rate setting activity and coordinate corporate and state actuaries
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, Master?s degreepreferred.
- 8+ years in a high level Finance role in the healthcare or insurance industry.
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- CPA is preferred