$250K — $500K+*
The Vice President of Finance reports to the President and COO of McNeil & Co. and is responsible for the efficient and accurate accounting of the business, including but not limited to the interpretation and reporting of results and trends. This position is responsible for the overall general accounting functions of McNeil & Company. As requested, they will assist the President in negotiations, and present to the Board and other stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Position resides in Cortland, NY.
- Directly responsible for keeping the President informed of the overall performance and results of the corporation's financial activities.
- Develop Finance plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall company business objectives.
- Direct the preparation and interpretation of the financial statements of the corportation, which may be of a routine or special nature for the divisional and corporate managment acitivities by providing comparisons with profit and plans and other established goals.
- Support and direct the corporate accounting function to assist in managing business operations in accordance with accepted accounting practices.
- Maintain oversight of internal procedures to ensure sound financial practices and controls of business operations.
- Monitor company cash flow, spending, profit and revenue trends.
- Provide periodic and annual business forecasts, updates and budgets.
- Direct and coordinate the completion and filing of necessary external regulatory and financial accounting reports and statistical data.
- Help to provide regular reports on business operations to the executive group and to the Board, as required.
- Assist fellow executives in appraising their department's financial results and identifying significant trents in operations, as needed.
- Continually evaluate and monitor financial requirements of the company, and keep the President informed as indicated.
- With the President, responsible for external financial relationships of the company, including relations with banks and other financial organizations.
- Responsible for the determination of tax liabilities and the filing of proper tax returns.
- At the request of the President, conduct pertinent studies of market trends, business opportunities, merger and acquistion opportunities and business operations.
- Assit the President in reporting to the Board regardingthe financial condition of the company.
- Requires a finance executive with a minimum of 10+ years' experience in the related field, including managerial experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance (or related field) and CPA required.
- Successful individual must have a proven track record of credibility in the financial arena with a combination of public and private accounting experience.
- Must encourage and foster cooperation and teamwork.
- Superior interpersonal communication, writing and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEC reporting beneficial.
- Knowledge of the financial aspects of the property and casualty business; preferably experience with a speciality property and casualty insurance carrier.
- Travel up to 5% with adequate notice.
ABOUT THE COMPANY McNeil & Co. is a nationwide leader in specialized insurance programs, drawing on deep industry expertise to develop and deliver policies and risk management services that meet the unique needs of clients. McNeil & Co. offers the best possible specialized coverage, along with a full array of risk management services, to help customers maximize preparedness and grow their businesses. Established in 1989 to answer a need for more comprehensive, tailored policies in the emergency services market, McNeil & Co. has developed and expanded a model for specialty insurance programs based on genuine industry knowledge and a consultative approach to loss control and risk management. Acclaimed products include AdvenSure, AnimalKeepers, ASIP, Car Wash, ESIP (and Benefits), FireWatch, HOMed (O&P Plus), WildPRO and the Bar, Tavern, Club program.
McNeil & Company is based in Cortland, NY with offices in Denver, CO, Orland Park, IL and Latham, NY. McNeil & Co. is owned by Arch Capital Group Ltd., a Bermuda‐based company that provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. For more information,
Valid through: 11/20/2020