Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial activities and leads internal teams to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, facilities and IT.
The VP of Finance and Operations plays a critical role with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operational management as AAHH fulfills its strategic plan and pursues its ambitious vision.
- Assure that all financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Assure that mortgage servicing is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of assigned staff.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage bank accounts and other investments.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget process; present fiscal year budget to Board of Directors for approval.
- Prepare various financial reports, information, and analysis as needed.
- Provide grant reporting and monitoring as needed.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and techniques to ensure internal control.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Provide information and documents related to the construction and sale of AAHH houses.
- Conduct real estate transactions for the organization as appropriate.
- Manage insurance policies, license renewals, and other legal documents.
- Ensure compliance reports are processed in a timely manner.
- Present financial reports at monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Provide staff support to the Finance and Property Management Committee.
Human Resources, Information Technology and Administration:
- Oversee AAHH’s human resources ensuring compliance with internal policy, laws, and industry best practice; and promoting AAHH’s goals for employee retention and development, equitable compensation and benefits, and inclusive recruiting.
- Oversee investments in technology, administrative systems, and facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Collaboratively develop new policies and processes to adapt to changes in AAHH operations.
- Minimum of a BA in a related field, MBA/CPA preferred.
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Experience overseeing human resources function preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following preferred: government grants management, residential real estate development, and mortgage lending.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to professional development programs that maximize individual and organization goals, including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to racial and economic equity and proven experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and demonstrated commitment to the values and the mission of AAHH.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and routinely requires operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Occasionally works in outside conditions that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, high noise levels and navigating rough terrain.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and events and communicate appropriately with stakeholders.